Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #31
reader600
reader600 began at the beginning.

Device: Augen, kindle, nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegad e-Reader View Post
WOW! Hi everyone. I realize I am a bit late to the conversation, and I am new to the "community". I don't even know if any of you nice people will even see a new post on a forum/topic this old? That said, I have read every post here, and I am sad to hear that Augen is such a consumer fraud case. I am even more disappointing in Menards (where I bought it) Like a few others here, this was my first experience w/e-readers. I bought mine on Black Friday 2010. I thought $79(plus a $20 Menards Rebate), was a "REALLY" good deal. Especially with all the features/capabilities it offered. I mean really folks, I still look at the box/packaging and think, "wow, maybe I am missing something?' But, I now have confirmation of the obvious. I, well I should say We, and countless others really got ripped off. I will say that I got it >PRIMARILY< for an e-reader, and >YES<, it does do that. I still use it for reading every night. However, I bought >THIS< one because it >OFFERED SO MUCH MORE< for the money. I want to say THANK-YOU to all who commented, I have learned a few good ideas for using it as I am going to upgrade soon. AND TO "AUGEN" I say "thank" you, for the lesson learned.
I too wish that Augen was still around, but I'm enjoying the ereader never the less! I also have e-ink kindle and nook and the color nook and kindle fire, but there is still a place for my Augen!
reader600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #32
reader600
reader600 began at the beginning.

Device: Augen, kindle, nook
In my opinion the Augen was an excellent buy for people that paid $100.00 or less in 2010. Sure it had some problems when it came out, but so does most first attempts by a new company. Even now Kindle and Nook ereaders and tablets have problems that are yet to be worked out......and they are multi-million dollar companies!

In 2010 the Kindle second generation had only e-ink and no color! The web browser was not as good as the Augen. The kindle still doesn't have an SD card slot like the Augen! The Augen accepts a way larger variety of ereader formats like epub! You couldn't play video of any kind on the Kindle! It was not a good device for reading in bed at night. And at that time the kindle was selling for around $279.00 which was about twice the price or more than the Augen!
reader600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast