Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
luv2knit
luv2knit began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Neo Jan 2011
BeBook Neo vs Onyx Boox?

newbie here, please be kind after spending the last 4 days researching ereaders, stalking this board, and asking questions of you very patient experienced ereaders i am finally thinking that the Neo/Boox does everything i want. my hubby, being a linux man, is ecstatic.

so, which one is better and why? i am fairly computer literate compared to the average person, so can handle tweaking and modifications and such, and can understand most of the discussions around here - but i just can't find enough info to tell me which one i should be going with.

does one have better software than the other? is one company better at customer support than the other? is one more stable than the other?

i am sorry if this should be apparent to me, but i can't find the answer after spending about 4 hours this evening (although i did enjoy the debate on whether they should be in the same forum or not )

so far the only thing that makes one stand out more than the other for me are the cool colored covers i can get for the Neo - i'm thinking neon blue or green... and being able to order it with the reader and have them arrive together, kinda nice (in a girly sort of way)

thanks - any comments are greatly appreciated

ETA I am a USA native in case distribution of one over the other is a difference, just thought of that...
luv2knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
They are identical other than a little rebranding in the firmware.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast