Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 03-08-2007, 08:26 AM   #16
yokos
Pac-Man catched my iLiad.
yokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with othersyokos plays well with others

Device: 1st gen iRex iLiad with 2nd ed. battery/case
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaping Gnome
Yeah, newspaper background is very similar to the eInk background color.
I posted in the gallery a photo: "Sudoku on newspaper & iLiad"
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:48 AM   #17
a13sda
a13sda began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
dedicated ebook reader or something else..?

I've had my Sony for some time now, and read all the time, and everywhere. I can confirm that the reader can be read anywhere that a regular book or newspaper can be. The background is really a very light grey, and the contrast more that adequate. I have a clip-on light for reading in bed without disturbing my wife - of which many types are cheaply available, and discussed elsewhere on this forum.

Currently, I have something like 140 books in the internal memory (which is full), and these are all unread, being read, or wanted for quick reference. These can be organised into "Collections" or groups (I do mine by type - e.g. Contemporary Fiction, Classical Fiction, History, Travel etc.) It's convenient to keep the number of collections to 10 or less, as that's the number that are listed on a single page.

When I've read a book, I will either delete it (if it's not very good or important) or copy it to my SD card if I think that I might like to have it "on-line" for future reference; the drawback is that those on the SD card can't be ordered into "collections", but I figure that by definition I won't want to refer to them very often.

Be aware however, that you won't be able to buy content from the Sony Connect store, as they discriminate against anyone not resident in the US (I'm a UK citizen, and have some words to say on this topic if anyone thinks a new thread wothwhile).

Hope this ramble helps you in your decision making.
Steve
a13sda is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast