Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-31-2015, 10:15 PM   #1
KeriB
KeriB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Paperwhite Calibre Sideloaded Books Not Linking to Goodreads

I'm hoping someone can advise me. I have tried using the Quality Check plug in on Calibre like suggested and going to Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire. That is not working when the books are uploaded to the Kindle to link with Goodreads. It keeps saying Request Failed when I try to add a book to the Goodreads shelf. Any suggestions?
KeriB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:33 PM   #2
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW1, PW2
@KeriB-
Starting at the very basics, you are placing the true Amazon ASIN in the metadata identifiers field in Calibre before using the Fix ASIN for Kindle Fire, yes?
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 01:29 PM   #3
KeriB

I think that is the problem, but I don't know how to find the true Amazon ASIN. Is there a step I should do before I "fix" it?
Old 08-01-2015, 01:38 PM   #4
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeriB View Post
I think that is the problem, but I don't know how to find the true Amazon ASIN. Is there a step I should do before I "fix" it?
You need to grab the ASIN number from Amazon and place it in the identifiers area of the Calibre edit metadata screen.... I think current versions of Calibre can data mine this from Amazon through download metadata button, but I'm not sure. I use an XP computer and so am stuck on an earlier version of Calibre that is no longer able to data mine the Amazon site, so I go to Amazon on my own and find the kindle version of the book and copy/paste the ASIN from Amazon into the metadata field of the book. I then use the fix ASIN for Kindle fire part of the Quality Check plugin.

**edit- when you find the kindle edition of the book on Amazon, scroll down to the product details and you will see the ASIN information. Copy the whole ASIN field including "ASIN:", not just the number and then paste into the metadata field. If you are on a newer version of Calibre, it should be able to find and insert this for you.

Last edited by GoSharks; 08-01-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:09 PM   #5
KeriB

Thank you so much. Those instructions helped. Now I just need to find a plug in that will do the search for me for all the books I have. I really appreciate you taking the time!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:29 PM   #6
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeriB View Post
Thank you so much. Those instructions helped. Now I just need to find a plug in that will do the search for me for all the books I have. I really appreciate you taking the time!
Welcome to the forum....If you post in the Calibre forum you will likely get help from someone with a more current version.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 PM   #7
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
GoSharks -- see my sticky in the calibre forums.

Option 3 or 4b, your choice.

KeriB -- no plugin needed, calibre's builtin Metatadata download should download identifiers, which will include the ASIN.

Last edited by eschwartz; 08-14-2015 at 04:03 PM.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote