Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-12-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Lordblacknail
Connoisseur
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Color
Vellllly Intelesting

Here is a informational tidbit that I just discovered. If I have an Ipod Touch plugged into my usb ports on my computer, my Kindle will not go into the usb mode where I can access the document folder. Tried everything, restarted, changed ports, etc, nothing worked. Until I unplugged the Ipod. Wow.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Well there's not a lot of love between Apple and Amazon so maybe it's deliberate
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
Chris Crouch
Enthusiast
Chris Crouch began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3 & iPad
(I'm assuming here that your computer runs windows)

Does your Kindle always come up as the same drive letter (eg D: )?

Does your iPod always come up as the same drive letter?

If so, Windows always tries to have a given external drive come up as the same drive letter every time you plug it in. If that letter is already in use, then you can't access the drive.

You can change what drive letter gets assigned to your Kindle from "Computer Management", under "Disk Management". The quickest way I know to start Computer Managementis to do Start, Run, enter "compmgmt.msc". You'll probably want to google how to change drive letter assignments if you can't puzzle it out - from memory it's not too hard.
Chris Crouch is offline   Reply With Quote