Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-19-2007, 05:21 PM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
Found it!!! Thanks!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #17
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The old scripts we used many moons ago in Drama would have the character's full name when they first entered a scene and then the initials for the rest -- assuming that there were no conflicts and then it was something short or numbered.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 02-20-2007, 04:49 PM   #18
skesler
skesler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Thumbs up

Falstaff,

All I can say is a great, big "Thank You" for your work. This goes directly to the heart of what an electronic book reader is about. It is wonderful to be able to carry--literally--a LIBRARY of literature on such a small device.

You have made an outstanding contribution.

Thanks again.

Steve
skesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:24 AM   #19
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro
Don't forget: "say it with karma"! If you think someone's made a useful contribution, click on the "karma" rating under their name to increase it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 AM   #20
Stingo
Evangelist
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KT, K3, KDXG, KDX, prs505(silver) and prs500(my first e-reader)
This is brilliant. What a great contribution. By the way, how did you create the files with the table of content? What program did you use?
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 PM   #21
Falstaff
Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony eReader
Quote:
By the way, how did you create the files with the table of content? What program did you use?
I wrote a custom program in Python to read the original XML text and create the ebooks from that. As it encounters act and scene changes, it starts a new page for the text and makes a button on the table of contents page for the play.

The eBook creation software is available from the same web page as the plays (http://www.falstaffshouse.com). The actual program that reads the XML files and calls the eBook creation software is not on the web site, but I plan to upload it after the next revision of the plays.
Falstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #22
Falstaff
Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Falstaff has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony eReader
While I'm here posting, I'd like to say thank you to everyone for the kind words. I am glad that somthing that took so many hours to do can be enjoyed by more people than just me. It was a labor of love, but a lot more labor than I thought.

PS. I have found well "marked-up" versions of the sonnets and poems on the internet, so there may be an edition of those in the future.
Falstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 03:43 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstaff
PS. I have found well "marked-up" versions of the sonnets and poems on the internet, so there may be an edition of those in the future.
That would be absolutely wonderful if you do have the opportunity to do it. In the mean time, however, all the plays should be enough to keep us going for a while .
Old 02-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #24
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Way Cool! Thanks!
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:50 AM   #25
Antonio
Antonio began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I'll chime in also with a huge thank you. This is fantastic.

I wonder if the tools can be used to do the same with the Greek canon...
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:50 AM   #26
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio
I'll chime in also with a huge thank you. This is fantastic.

I wonder if the tools can be used to do the same with the Greek canon...
Hi Antonio,

I have a number of ancient Greek texts on my Reader - Homer, Plato, etc. One has to use a PDF file for the embedded Greek font - although fonts can, in theory, be embedded in LRF files I believe there are some difficulties with doing this. In PDFs it works extremely well. I use a program called "PDF Factory" to create the PDFs.