Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-18-2014, 04:09 AM   #1
dabide
dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
Question Reflashing original firmware

Hi!

I just bought a used Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G (EU model, serial starting with B00A). It does not connect to 3G, and on WiFi, it can't be registered with Amazon ("Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time.")

My suspicion is that the eBay seller has jailbroken it using Kubrick, and that Kubrick installs the US firmware. The EU model seems to have a different firmware, and also uses Vodafone in stead of AT&T.

Is there any way to restore the original firmware? I've been googling for hours, but in vain...

Last edited by dabide; 06-18-2014 at 04:11 AM. Reason: -
dabide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:51 AM   #2
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Read the original (manual) de-bricking threads and review the available recovery images.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:01 AM   #3
dabide
dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.dabide can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
I just chatted with Kindle support, and they told me that the Kindle with that S/N had been reported as lost or stolen. Think I'll have to contact the seller... :-(
dabide is offline   Reply With Quote