Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #1
horse_girl
Enthusiast
horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Nook, Motorola Droid
a fresh take on angels...from another world

The STARFIRE ANGELS series is growing. I released the second book in the series, BROKEN WINGS, a few weeks ago and am working on the third. Reviewers love this series about angels being aliens from another world.

Join me on nookboards.com/forum for the Starfire Angels book club, which starts this week. If you haven't read the books, here's the description of each book in the series, although we're only discussing the first book right now:

The fist book of the series:

They've been coming here for thousands of years, using Earth as a sanctuary to escape threats from their own kind. Mankind knows them as angels, and one of them left a child upon her death to be raised as a human.

Raea is now a high school senior, and her life as a human is about to end. The crystal shard she bears is not a pretty pendant; it's a collective of powerful entities who chose her as their Keeper, a protector of one of the four shards that power a machine capable of destroying whole worlds. Those who desire the Starfire's power have sent an agent to find her, but she's too busy evading a nosy reporter ready to exploit her secret and dating a hot new foreign student to notice. Nevermind learning what she really is.

Only one person on Earth can help her, the last person she ever expected. But he's not from Earth. Life as a human would be so much easier.

The prequel novella:

Shartrael Padina is no ordinary Inari. Bound in a symbiosis to the entities of the Starfire crystal, she can access their energy for healing or hurting. That power is sought by the small but growing Shirat Empire seeking control of the homeworld. When the elite Shirukan soldiers attack, her mate is killed protecting her escape through a portal to Earth, where she can hide her wings and blend in with humans.

But Earth is no joyride. In the hospital, Padina meets an immigration worker named Scott Dahlrich, who starts the process for her and her unborn child to become citizens of the U.S., unaware that they truly are aliens. Life is difficult on the primitive world. Fighting the Shirukan determined to fulfill his mission to capture her and the Starfire is another matter; one in which she must weigh her duty to the Starfire against Scott’s love.

And the second book:

One Shirukan, an elite soldier of the Shirat Empire, came to Earth for Raea's Starfire shard and failed.

Aware of the possibility of another attack, Raea trains to use the shard's power to protect it while preparing to graduate from high school. But she discovers that the Keeper training her has betrayed her trust and now she must decide where her heart belongs. She never imagined that distance from him would mean a universe apart.

After the Shirukan attack, she wakes up on the Inari homeworld among those whose loyalties she questions. To return home, she must reach the Crystal Keeper known as Saffir. First, she must elude the thousands of Shirukan between her and freedom.
=====
If you're not sure you want to buy them, you can sample 50% of each book and my other books at smashwords.com

Thanks for the opportunity to share this.

Melanie
www.melanienilles.com
horse_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #2
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Love your covers and I love angels.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 03:06 PM   #3
horse_girl
Enthusiast
horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!horse_girl rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks, Cara. I'm loving the sexy man on your cover too
Old 08-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #4
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thank you. The guy on my cover is pretty hot, I have to agree.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #5
horse_girl
Enthusiast

I wanted to let anyone know who might be interested in these stories that the prices of STARFIRE ANGELS and WHEN ANGELS CRY will be going up slightly (SA from $1.99 back to $2.99 and WAC from $0.99 to $1.99, as this is a longer novella). The new prices are reflected at smashwords and Amazon, although Amazon still has them discounted, but I don't know for how long. That will go up when the other retailers up the price to reflect the change at smashwords.

We've been having great discussions on these two at nookboards.com/forums as part of the STARFIRE ANGELS book club. Anyone is still welcome to join us.
Old 11-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #6
horse_girl
Enthusiast

STARFIRE ANGELS is an EPPY finalist in the young adult category! I just had to share this great news. You can read more about EPIC and the EPIC ebook awards (aka Eppies) here: www.epicauthors.com.
Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
horse_girl
Enthusiast

This is one of the freebies in the May sale on Amazon. It's also free at Sony, Kobo, Barnes and Noble, and the Apple iBook store.

And it has a new cover:

Old 05-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #8
ardeegee
New Musicians of Bremen
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I wouldn't call a shaggy god story a fresh take on angels...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronauts
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:53 PM   #9
horse_girl
Enthusiast

Where do you think I got the inspiration
Old 09-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #10
horse_girl
Enthusiast

I'm happy to announce a couple of updates in regards to the series since I last posted.

1. The third book, CRYSTAL TOMB, was released in May 2011 and is available as an ebook at Amazon, Apple, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Sony, and Smashwords like the rest of my works.

2. The first book of the series, STARFIRE ANGELS is FREE across all the same bookstores listed in #1.

Aside from that, I just released a new book under a different name (this one being for a more mature audience than the books under my regular name). TIGER BORN by M. A. Nilles is available. So far it's only at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords. It will take some time to distribute to the other retailers.

Some information on it:

Wanted by the Adepts of Te'Mea, protectors of humankind.
Condemned by the demonlords, rulers of the world.
Je'Rol is a cursed man in search of a dream—peace in his life.

On a world where most half-bloods are executed at birth, Je'Rol has survived. The son of a demonlord and a human, Je'Rol bears the stigma of the blood rage, a killing instinct unleashed when he loses control of his emotions, and each time carries him closer to the edge of losing his humanity forever. Only one object can free him of the killer inside; but it is an object only of legend and one said to reign over all demons. Because of its power, he is not the only one who seeks it.

With his life cut shorter by each blood rage, time is quickly running out for Je'Rol, but his search for freedom could mean the end of the world.