Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-21-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook Lite, Kindle 4
Is the JBL cable for sale?

I moved two months ago, and it looks like I lost my JBL's cable in the move.

Is that a standard piece of equipment that I can buy cheap at a place like Deal Extreme, or is it something specific for the Ectaco?

Any links would be appreciated!

Last edited by GA Russell; 08-21-2010 at 07:58 PM.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:54 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, AuraHD, PDA, Eee Transformer
It appears to be a standard USB to Mini-USB cable, I must have half a dozen laying
around here. I couldn't even say which one came with which device, anymore. They
all seem to work as well with the JBL.

You don't need it to do an upgrade.

For this upgrade you might want to use a USB cable to make a backup copy of the JBL's
internal user's memory with the ".adobe-digital-editions" folder, to keep on your PC's
hard drive. That .adobe-digital-editions folder can also be used to make an SD card look
like it's your JBL, so you will be able to have ADE mess with that SD card and not your
JBL.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
Blusaber
Enthusiast
Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blusaber ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505,JBL,Sony PRS350,Nook Color,Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I moved two months ago, and it looks like I lost my JBL's cable in the move.

Is that a standard piece of equipment that I can buy cheap at a place like Deal Extreme, or is it something specific for the Ectaco?

Any links would be appreciated!
Its a standard cable I believe its called a mini b as shown here http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3526381

gary
Blusaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #4
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
You don't need it to do an upgrade.
Ken, I still have in my device's internal memory the books that came with it. I have been meaning to move off the device the ones that I have read.

Now for the upgrade I see that I should move all of the books in the internal memory before installing the upgrade. So I guess it's time to do it.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blusaber View Post
Its a standard cable I believe its called a mini b as shown here http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3526381
Thanks, Gary. I'll visit Radio Shack and see if that is it.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ngrant once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle Fire, Sony PRS-350, iPad Mini, Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
It appears to be a standard USB to Mini-USB cable...
It is indeed a standard USB to mini USB cable. I have several that I use for the JBL, SONY reader and all my MP3 players.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:03 PM   #7
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!

Thanks ng. I googled and found a few that are cheap.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #8
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!

I ordered this from Amazon for one cent plus $2.97 shipping. I hope I got the right thing!

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-2700.../dp/B000067RVL
Old 08-23-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
CraneTseng
CraneTseng began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook Lite (Black), Pandigital Novel 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I hope I got the right thing!
Yeap.
I personally have 5 at least at home... From 1' to 3'. All of them can connect my JBL to the PC.
CraneTseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #10
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!

I'm glad I asked here first! Ectaco has linked me to its own cable (Hold on to your seat!) priced at $19.95!!!!

http://www.ectaco.com/products/acces...-jetbook-lite/
Old 08-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #11
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
<edit>

Last edited by jblitereader; 03-23-2011 at 02:40 AM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
It is a very standard chord
Like the "Twelve Bar Blues": C C C C F F C C G F C C is a standard chord?
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!

LOL! I made the same mistake just last week, referring to the "vocal chords"!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #14
GA Russell
Riders win the Grey Cup!

My one-cent cable arrived today, and I was able to empty my JBL's internal memory onto my hard drive, copying onto my SD card, without a problem.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #15
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
<edit>

Last edited by jblitereader; 03-23-2011 at 02:40 AM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote