Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
nicholashedges
nicholashedges began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post Arthur King

Hello. This is by way of introducing myself and to promote my new eBook, Arthur King, a comedy for all ages whereArthurian legend meets with the modern phenomenon of the TV Celebrity Chef.

Miss La Fay was once the richest, most powerful, most successful TV celebrity chef in the world. But then, I’m sure you already know that… don’t you? No? Are you sure? You must remember…

She was tall, beautiful, with long dark hair and a voice like chocolate sauce. She was on TV seven days a week, fifty-two weeks of the year and commanded an audience of millions right across the globe. From Great Britain to China, the U.S.A. to India, everyone knew her name. Cable, Satellite and MissLaFay.com – there was no escaping her recipes.

Other celebrity chefs around at the time met with strange and unexplained accidents, most notorious among them Colin ‘Big Mc’ McKee, found in the world’s biggest haggis, cooked for a Charity Dinner. You don’t remember him? You don't remember the haggis?

What about Guy Blancmange, the Michelin chef with the Michelin stars, now flipping burgers in a motorway service station? Or perhaps Arnaud de Foisgras, found fattened up in a pigsty on a farm in Northern France? You don’t remember any of them? Well, that isn’t surprising and to be honest, I know you won’t remember Miss La Fay at all. It’s only to be expected, and this story is the reason why you have forgotten her. You and everyone else in the world.

But it could have been so very , very different, if not for the bravery of a boy called Arthur King.

Do have a look! http://amzn.to/gzubuW or listen to the first 5 chapters at http://www.nicholashedges.co.uk/arthurking/audio.htm

Thank you!

Nicholas Hedges

Last edited by nicholashedges; 05-31-2011 at 05:44 AM. Reason: New information
nicholashedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

People here do not like short URLs, so please edit your post to display the full URL.
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Is it only at Amazon?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
nicholashedges

My apologies!

The full URL is:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Arthur-King/...3218641&sr=8-7

I will be launching a specific website soon: www.arthurking.org with some samples, but for now it's just on Amazon.

Nick
Old 04-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried to buy it, but it is UK only. Too bad, because it looks really good from the summary.

Good luck! Please let us know when it becomes available in the US.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:23 AM   #6
nicholashedges

Hi DixieGal

It should be on the US site too... I'll check what's wrong. It should be on there for $2.99.

I will check and get back to you.

Thanks

Nick
Old 04-19-2011, 09:24 AM   #7
nicholashedges

The link to Arthur King on the US site is:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WSQ9OC

The price isn't showing up here in UK. If you would like to try it, please do, and let me know if there is a problem.

Thanks!

Nick
Old 04-19-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!

Terrific! i bought it, and it will be my next book to read. I'll leave a review at Amazon for you when I've finished it.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
nicholashedges

Excellent! Glad it was ok! Many thanks for your purchase. I hope you like it

Have you published on here?

Nick
Old 04-19-2011, 09:43 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
The description does sound interesting. But having to buy from Amazon is a deal breaker. Sorry, but you've lost a sale. You do need to have it in ePub as well. Is this coming out in ePub any time soon? My definition of soon is before April ends.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #11
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholashedges View Post
Excellent! Glad it was ok! Many thanks for your purchase. I hope you like it

Have you published on here?

Nick
My husband has done this https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/11079

About the epub and stuff, that is what you need to do. It is the industry standard format. And if you are self-publishing, Smashwords distributes your book to all of the major online ebook sellers. If your customers buy from Smashwords, however, you get a higher portion of the sales than with Amazon. If I remember correctly, you keep about 70% of the sale.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #12
nicholashedges

Well, I best get publishing there as well then. JSWolf... I'll get onto it right away.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
If you do go the Smashwords way, download the ePub from there to make sure it's the way you want. There can be unpredictable results given the meatgrinder converter.

I feel we need to petition Smahswords to let us upload directly in the formats wanted so the customers can have hand crafted eBooks instead of meatgrinder eBooks. I've downloaded some pretty poorly converted ePub from there.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:21 AM   #14
nicholashedges

Arthur King is now available on Smashwords:

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/54592

Thanks for the advice
Old 04-24-2011, 10:35 AM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!

Cute book! I gave it 3 stars at Amazon and left some editing suggestions there. But the editing inconsistencies do not in any way distract from this cute story. I believe the age group that reads Harry Potter will really like it. As for us older kids, it is tongue-in-cheek humor. And now I finally know what Bubble and Squeak is.

One specific note: The word "maybe" is used incorrectly for "may be" several times.

Tags
childrens books, comedy, novels