Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 10:51 PM   #1
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
No "My Books" app?

I just soft rooted my Nook, and I've got Trook, Trooklets etc, on the menu, but I'm looking for the "My Books" app, I don't see that anywhere, was that removed for the latest softroot? Or did I even do it right?

I'm pretty new at this and reading some of this stuff makes my head explode.

Please help!

Oh, I tried that Calibre2odps or whatever, and it wouldn't work I kept getting some errors everytime I opened it.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Okay, I've got the My Books app, didn't realize I had to install it...but now I get only some of the covers showing up, and I've gotten these from B&N Books, not sideloading them.

Enthusiast
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 AM   #3
jhempel24
Wizard

Nvm, got it working by just re-doing everything again.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
Miss Understood
Enthusiast
Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.Miss Understood is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Nook, Sony PRS-350 (pink!); IPad2
How did you get Trook and all of the other applications for your Nook after softrooting? My nook looks pretty much the same except for cooler icons, a chess app and B&N home.
Miss Understood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:34 AM   #5
Rayven01
Nevermore
Rayven01 will become famous soon enoughRayven01 will become famous soon enoughRayven01 will become famous soon enoughRayven01 will become famous soon enoughRayven01 will become famous soon enoughRayven01 will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook, Nook Color, Stanza(iphone)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
How did you get Trook and all of the other applications for your Nook after softrooting? My nook looks pretty much the same except for cooler icons, a chess app and B&N home.
Tap and hold on a launcher icon and then tap the + symbol to show apps that aren't visible. You can then scroll around and tap on the icons to add other apps to the launcher. By default most of the added apps are not visible.

From the launcher page, the directions are as follows:

Editing Launcher Items

To show the launcher editor controls, touch any individual icon and hold for a couple seconds. The "+" icon displays all icons not present in your launcher. Selecting one will add it to your launcher. The "trashcan" icon removes the selected item from your launcher. The left and right arrows move the selected item one place to the left and right, respectively. The "x" icon hides the controls

Rayven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 08:59 AM   #6
jhempel24
Wizard

Yep, that's what I did. I actually tried to install the app over the existing app from the Trook stuff, that messed it up the first time, then when I re-did it, I just added the icon, and everything worked great!