Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-28-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
V 7.16 - Calibre display bottom out of view

With Windows XP Pro SP3 and Calibre 7.16 (newly installed), when I am in Calibre, the bottom line or tray of icons, emblems, advisories, etc. is out of view i.e. below the viewing screen of my laptop. And there is no way to scroll down to make them viewable.

I hadn't noticed this being a problem with prior versions.

What is recommended to be done so that these things can be viewable within the confines of my laptop screen?

Thanks!
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
With Windows XP Pro SP3 and Calibre 7.16 (newly installed), when I am in Calibre, the bottom line or tray of icons, emblems, advisories, etc. is out of view i.e. below the viewing screen of my laptop. And there is no way to scroll down to make them viewable.

I hadn't noticed this being a problem with prior versions.

What is recommended to be done so that these things can be viewable within the confines of my laptop screen?

Thanks!
(You might check your Display settings to see if your screen resolution was reduced)

Is Calibre's window set full screen/part screen (the middle icon near the res X)
(Remember it is Windows,where you click Start to shutdown )
If Part-screen is to large (as you describe): Resize the top of the window down, then Move the window UP. Repeat until things fit.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
(You might check your Display settings to see if your screen resolution was reduced)

Is Calibre's window set full screen/part screen (the middle icon near the res X)
(Remember it is Windows,where you click Start to shutdown )
If Part-screen is to large (as you describe): Resize the top of the window down, then Move the window UP. Repeat until things fit.
T, thanks for the prompt reply.

I fixed the problem using your suggestion of Resize the top window down then Move the window up. And this setting stuck when Calibre was exited and re-entered.

My Display settings have not changed. Everything else (besides Calibre) is sized correctly for viewing.

I don't understand your set full screen/part screen comment. Can you elaborate?
Old 08-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
T, thanks for the prompt reply.

I fixed the problem using your suggestion of Resize the top window down then Move the window up. And this setting stuck when Calibre was exited and re-entered.

My Display settings have not changed. Everything else (besides Calibre) is sized correctly for viewing.

I don't understand your set full screen/part screen comment. Can you elaborate?
In the corner next to the Red X, ther are 2 additional icons:

The underscore makes the window minimize to the taskbar.
The other switches either to full screen (when a rectangle), or switch partial screen, that you can re-size (Icon will be tiled- rectangles).
Changing monitors, "remote desktop"connections, can confuse the screen-size info. Windows remembers the last used size and position for many programs. ( I run dual and triple monitors, things get borked really easy when a monitor moves (logical) or disappears and the program opens on a no-existent location).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
( I run dual and triple monitors, things get borked really easy when a monitor moves (logical) or disappears and the program opens on a no-existent location).
Don't you hate it when that happens?

I kept a copy of the gui.py file for a while because calibre at work (I share a common configuration between home and work) was starting where I couldn't see it. I was happy to copy the original gui.py prior to starting and have it start back on the default position, so I didn't investigate to closely. After a month it dawned on me that after IT rebuilt my laptop that calibre was starting on the "laptop screen" which can't be seen when it is in the docking station. I corrected the display and never needed the backup gui.py again.

And for the original poster maximizing any program will fit it back to the full screen. This is handy to know when using a laptop.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 11:04 AM   #6
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
maximizing any program will fit it back to the full screen. This is handy to know when using a laptop.
D, What a handy tip...which I either don't recall or never knew!