Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
chumbucket
chumbucket began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-T1
Help, I've torn my ribbon cable replacing the battery on my 505!

Anybody know the part number or the details on the small ribbon cable that curls up when you pull the board out of the case?
Do I need to order the keypad? How much of a pin in the *ss is it to replace? I ripped it trying to put it back together after changing out the battery.
chumbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:26 PM   #2
db100
db100 is on a distinguished road

Read service manual:

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...4&d=1215812429

Or call Sony direct parts @ (800)488-7669. You can order over phone or online at:

https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ec.../web/index.jsp
db100 is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM   #3
melhall
melhall began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
erm, i can't see the details in teh docs.. any chance of a hand? As i've just done exactly the same damn thing|!
melhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by melhall View Post
erm, i can't see the details in teh docs.. any chance of a hand? As i've just done exactly the same damn thing|!
It's a PDF document, just keep clicking on the button to enlarge the document in whatever viewer you're using, usually Ctrl and +, either Adobe or Foxit it quite good also.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #5
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
The thread is almost 2 years old and the OP has moved on to a T1.

Nothing to see here. Please move along.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #6
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350: 3 Silver, 2 Blue!; Kobo Glo
Yes, but melhall now has done the same thing to his 505 reader and was asking for help viewing the documents originally posted, his post is from today.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote