|07-04-2016, 04:02 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2010
Device: Onyx Boox i62 Firefly
Equivalent forum for portable audio?
I realized as I was trying to find the portable audio player that would be just right for me, that the last time I had to find a "just right" item, it was the helpful folks here at mobileread helping me with an e-book reader.
However, I don't know anywhere to go for portable audio! Same sort of thing, have some specific features I'd like to find if they exist in tandem without too much $$ in the price, and yet I can't find anywhere that would have any seriously organized information about them (that isn't years out of date). The few pages I do find don't have any info on the features I'm looking for:
- FLAC playback in addition to mp3 (this is not a deal-breaker)
- usage of memory card to swap files in and out easily (but the players that have this don't say how the device interacts with the files, generally, leading me to the next item)
- the ability to structure added files on the drive the way I want, like browsing a folder on the computer (an easy-to-use playlist system would be a second best), sort of like the way Onyx lets you do with e-books
- not ridiculously expensive ($50 or under, maybe up to $100 at most), not looking for a smartphone or anything super-capable here
- compatible with Linux (most would be, I'd think, but I've seen at least one that advertised the ability to create playlists with a Windows-specific program, which is not something I'd want to be dealing with)
I ran across this player and was fairly impressed but it says it sorts the files by metadata, which is sort of not what I wanted. If that feature is just impossible to find, then I'd probably settle for this player, but I wondered if it existed anywhere and have no idea where one would go. Does anyone here either know if a player exists that fits my specs or if there's a forum out there dedicated to portable audio like this is to e-books?
Last edited by Doranwen; 07-04-2016 at 04:11 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|I thought Portable meant Portable - It Doesn't||RBraverman||Calibre||30||04-06-2014 08:42 AM|
|Equivalent to &||linzerkipferl||Sigil||1||11-29-2013 04:26 PM|
|Android equivalent to Goodreader?||Skydog||Android Devices||1||11-28-2012 11:50 PM|
|Netflix equivalent?||csudell||Deals, Freebies, and Resources (No Self-Promotion)||18||05-06-2010 09:18 PM|
|Blackstone Audio to release audio books as DRM-free MP3s||Donnageddon||News||4||07-07-2008 12:16 PM|