Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 03:54 PM   #1
kaine
kaine began at the beginning.

Device: none
Should I sell my Bebook for a Kindle Wifi

My Bebook is going out of warranty and so I am wondering whether to sell my Bebook One and buy a Kindle Wifi. What do you all think? What would I be sacrificing / gaining by moving over?

Cheers

Kaine
kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
zsmomma
zsmomma began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, Pandigital Novel, iPod Touch
The scrifice is that you won't be able to read epub books. The pluses are many...

edited to add: of course that's because I'm a Kindle owner :-)
zsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #3
kaine
kaine began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmomma View Post
The scrifice is that you won't be able to read epub books. The pluses are many...

edited to add: of course that's because I'm a Kindle owner :-)
I mainly read PDF technical books with difficulty, would the Kindle Wifi handle them any better?
kaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:32 AM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
All honesty, with the current prices of ereaders I doubt you would get much for your BeBook One, especially given it has been replaced in the last few months with the updated model.

Personally in your shoes, if you wanted a Kindle I'd buy one and keep the BeBook. I have an Astak Mini and am not selling it when my new Kindle arrives. I figure I'll get next to nothing for it, and having both readers allows me to buy/borrow ebooks essentially from anywhere.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
All honesty, with the current prices of ereaders I doubt you would get much for your BeBook One, especially given it has been replaced in the last few months with the updated model.
I've been surprised just how much eBook readers do sell for on eBay. Over the last couple of months I've been having a "clear out" and have sold some of mine for the following:

CyBook Gen3: £117 ($182)
CyBook Opus: £102 ($159)
Sony PRS-600 without cover: £134 ($209)
Sony PRS-600 + cover: £142 ($222)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Old model or not, the BeBook should easily clear you US$100 as long as its in working order. Quite possibly more. Just mention OpenInkpot and all the alternate firmwares and a hobbyst or three will start running up the bidding.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #7
Digital Ink
----
Digital Ink began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 International [pre-order]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsmomma View Post
The scrifice is that you won't be able to read epub books.
Calibre, problem solved.
Digital Ink is offline   Reply With Quote