Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #91
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Xoom, Kindle PW, iPad3, Fire HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911jason View Post
Has anyone had success changing the justification to left with this file? I tried, but didn't see any change. (Yes, I was on the Home screen and yes, I restarted after editing the file.)

Love the size 16 margins though! =)
Yes, you can add a Justification option to the Text menu by editing the prefs file. 'It works for me', so if it is not working for you go back and make sure you're making the edit properly (including using a text editor that can save with unix line endings). On Windows that means you need to get a 3rd party text editor such as Notepad++. Windows Notepad won't do this, so if you added the new line with that, that is probably why it didn't work.

Whether it does anything depends on how the book is coded. If they hard-code the paragraph styles as 'full' or 'left' then it does not have any effect.

While I have this hack enabled, I generally never use it since I use the smallest text size, and together with the margin hack, full justification usually looks pretty good most of the time. If only Kindle would allow line breaks after hyphens and m-dashes...

Last edited by tomsem; 03-30-2011 at 07:52 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:47 PM   #92
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Edit: Never mind. Please delete this post.

Last edited by lunixer; 04-01-2011 at 09:57 PM.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-03-2012, 02:57 PM   #93
grizedale
NEXUS 7
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: NEXUS 7 & PW2
Does anyone know if this can be done on the Kindle4?
grizedale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 03:41 PM   #94
Vroo
Connoisseur
Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vroo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many Kindles, Onyx C65AG/T68, Nook ST, Kobo Mini, PB Aqua
For Kindle 4 (NT) it works in exactly the same way as on Kindle 3.
Vroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #95
grizedale
NEXUS 7
grizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toysgrizedale shares his or her toys

Device: NEXUS 7 & PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroo View Post
For Kindle 4 (NT) it works in exactly the same way as on Kindle 3.
Great, thanks for that
grizedale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #96
ThomasC
Thunder Down Under
ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.ThomasC is faster than slow light.

Device: kindle dxg, K3, K4nt, iPhone
I've been using the calibre Kindle collections plugin for a while now on my K4nt (also tried it on my K3 and DXG) and it works great for me. I just use it to set margins (I like 25 best), justifications (left/full), and fonts.

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118635

Cheers,
Tom
ThomasC is offline   Reply With Quote