Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Downloading Archive

Is there a fast way to download books that are in your personal Kindle for PC archive? I ended up uninstalling and re-installing the K4PC on my desktop and now I have a large # of books in archive and having to click on each one to get it to download is a pain.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Ghost Mouse
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST GlowLight
I don't know of any batch method. Even from the Manage Your Kindle pages it seems to be a one-by-one process.

Another good reason to strip the DRM and back them up as soon as purchased.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
DreamWriter
Wizard
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
I don't know of any way to download the Kindle books in bulk.

I have a K3 Kindle Keyboard, and I keep only a few books on it. I use Kindle for PC software to organize my 1,700+ ebooks into collections. Other than some .mobi books, which I store on my PC, I keep all Amazon ebooks archived. Since the archived books can be put into collections using K4PC, I decided not to download them to the computer.

I understand that some people want to store the ebooks on their computer for backup purposes (or because they strip the DRM), but the method I'm using is working great for me.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #4
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 6 2014, Kindle PW2, Galaxy Note 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I understand that some people want to store the ebooks on their computer for backup purposes (or because they strip the DRM), but the method I'm using is working great for me.
Personally I like to keep copies on my pc as a backup, as a means to quickly reload my kindle when necessary and to make sure I always have access to my books. I've noticed that a lot of the free books which I purchased are taken off of Amazon and I no longer have access to re-download them. With copies on my pc, I minimize that problem.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Personally I like to keep copies on my pc as a backup, as a means to quickly reload my kindle when necessary and to make sure I always have access to my books. I've noticed that a lot of the free books which I purchased are taken off of Amazon and I no longer have access to re-download them. With copies on my pc, I minimize that problem.
I haven't had the books actually disappear, though I do agree that sometimes it takes a while to find them even with the search box. Many books that I got when they were listed as free have later gone to non-free though. At least one that I got at one price went up afterwards. I had paid $1.99 for it and now it's listed as over $8.00 for a copy. I do want to archive my own copies for easier access and in the past have downloaded to my K4PC on my netbook, but it's hard to get good transfer to the desktop (I don't have a burner in the netbook) so I have no choice but to download directly to my desktop PC. I'll catch up eventually. I only have some 2,094 books not counting those which haven't been released yet and (mostly gotten when they were free) so I'll get it done book by book in time. lol.
crich70 is online now   Reply With Quote