Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-24-2014, 08:34 AM   #1
silverraven
Fanatic
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Amazon Books

I had to reformat my computer this past week. I backed up my Calibre library, so I lost no books there. Through the years as I got books from Amazon I would download them and put them into Calibre courtesy of Alf. Since I reformatted I have bought a few books from Amazon that were free.
Now, here is my dilemma. When I install and run K4PC it is going to want to automatically download all of the hundreds of free books I have purchased over the years, right? I really really don't want to re-download and try to drudge through all of those books just to find the 5 or so I have gotten since reformatting so I can pull them into Calibre. Is there a way to tell K4PC to only download the books I have purchased in the past week?
I hate reformatting.
S
silverraven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #2
induna
Groupie
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
K4PC will only download the books you want it to download. It will not automatically download all your past purchases.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-24-2014, 09:32 AM   #3
silverraven
Fanatic
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, ok, I guess I'll have to figure that out. When I opened K4PC it started just downloading books.
Thank!
S
Old 11-24-2014, 09:41 AM   #4
shalym
Guru
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, Kindle Fire, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
Hmm, ok, I guess I'll have to figure that out. When I opened K4PC it started just downloading books.
Thank!
S
Are you sure? I've never heard of that happening. It will show all of the books on your account, but they are all up in the "cloud" still. You should be able to sort by Date purchased, or Author, or Title to find the specific books you're looking for.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #5
silverraven
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
Are you sure? I've never heard of that happening. It will show all of the books on your account, but they are all up in the "cloud" still. You should be able to sort by Date purchased, or Author, or Title to find the specific books you're looking for.

Shari
Yup, you guys are so right! I saw the number of books by all books and assumed it was downloading them all. We all know what we are when we ASSume things!!
Thanks everyone! I hate formatting!!
S