Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-06-2010, 02:39 PM   #31
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
If they're going to be a B2B seller, how will the rebadging thing go for them? Their readers were overpriced before, if I remember the comments when they folded. Would a B2B approach reduce costs for the final consumer?
Take a look at this - look familiar? Then take a look at the price. Re-badging allows companies to add value to the IRX product and charge through the nose for it.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:48 PM   #32
bran
Enthusiast
bran began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Take a look at this - look familiar? Then take a look at the price. Re-badging allows companies to add value to the IRX product and charge through the nose for it.
Right on man! this is the same device. I gues you pay for the Jeppesen Software
bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #33
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
Right on man! this is the same device. I gues you pay for the Jeppesen Software
The price probably includes a yearly subscription to the chart updates, which by themselves are fairly expensive already.

The eFlybook (based on the iLiad) was similarly priced.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #34
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
IRX Innovations already signed an agreement with a Korean technology company,

looks like it might have been the LG/iRiver partnership

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93563
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #35
willyloco
Nameless Being

Irex Broke, no more repairs of iRex Ereaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
Warranties and finishing the 2.0 firmware would be my main interests.

It sounds like the company is trying to focus back on what their business plan was several years ago, before they got caught up in the consumer market. Similar to back when most of the first gen devices (Sony, Kindle, etc) were using hardware licensed from iRex... back before they were selling iLiads to end users. That's probably a good position for them to get themselves in to. It plays better towards the core capabilities of the company, and gets them away from marketing/support/etc that they had ongoing problems with.

I asked Irex about repairs to my broek iLiad.
This is the answer I got :

Dear ,

IREX Technologies BV, the manufacturer of your device, went bankrupt in July 2010.
Because of this unfortunate event all activities of IREX Technologies BV are ceased.

No materials are left over and production of new material is not possible.
Consequently servicing broken iLiad products is impossible.

Please note that IRX Innovations BV does not take the legal and financial liability of products produced, distributed or sold by IREX Technologies BV.
Questions about liability for iLiad, DR1000 and DR800 products manufactured by IREX Technologies BV can be raised at the trustee of IREX Technologies BV:
M. Kemps
T: +31 40 267 62 60

Anyone got ideas???
Advert
Old 08-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #36
Gwaihir
The Windlord
Gwaihir began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S, BeBook Club S
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyloco View Post
Anyone got ideas???
If your device is bust and was still under manufacturer warranty, you could contact the trustee. You might eventually receive partial compensation.

In all other cases: if you really want an iLiad again, keep an eye on the 2nd hand market, in places like this forum, iRex's forum and eBay.

Last edited by Gwaihir; 08-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Gwaihir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:37 AM   #37
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyloco View Post
I asked Irex about repairs to my broek iLiad.
This is the answer I got :

Dear ,

IREX Technologies BV, the manufacturer of your device, went bankrupt in July 2010.
Because of this unfortunate event all activities of IREX Technologies BV are ceased.

No materials are left over and production of new material is not possible.
Consequently servicing broken iLiad products is impossible.

Please note that IRX Innovations BV does not take the legal and financial liability of products produced, distributed or sold by IREX Technologies BV.
Questions about liability for iLiad, DR1000 and DR800 products manufactured by IREX Technologies BV can be raised at the trustee of IREX Technologies BV:
M. Kemps
T: +31 40 267 62 60

Anyone got ideas???
I didn't even get this message. Just "the ticket will not be serviced". AWESOME.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:48 PM   #38
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
So, it's September. Has anyone seen any news?
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #39
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Who cares, they are not going to sell end user anymore so any technology that you will see from them it will be in other brands forums.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:16 AM   #40
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
I care. I want a confirmation about the warranties.
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote