Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-03-2010, 04:13 PM   #16
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... Common sense tells me to stay out of this thread, but what's the fun in that?

When you get my age - just had another birthday yesterday - people start calling you a "curmudgeon." And worse, of course.

>> ... I learned from my kids that no one responds (or hears) a lecture voice ...

Best parenting occurs when kids are taught to recognize authoritative sources ... prepare 'em for adversity ... and ALWAYS question authority, and not letting anyone make them do something uncomfortable without proper citation. But to tune out all lectures ... man, that's a sure way to fail in life ... (grin)

Curmudgeoningly yours ...
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #17
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintbradford View Post
>> ... as my request for SD card assist is over two weeks old, with no reply except the obligatory "escalated to level 2 support" ...

Why are you posting this? Have you been contacting your Kobo rep every couple of days?

There is something missing from your post. Either not sufficient info given to Kobo .. or not sent directly to Kobo properly ... or no logical and reasonable follow-up on your end - SOMETHING is missing. Because if you read this message board for a while (which is full of "problem reporters" while the vast majority of owners are not here, pleased with their Kobos) - you will discover that Kobo reps are eager to please us.

Long live Kobo.

Clint Bradford
Oh Clint, have you been so disappointed in the past by other customer service that you think it is the customers job to continually follow up with a company even though they say they will get back to you? Is it not the company's job to reply to you in a timely fashion? "Kobo reps are eager to please"? Some are definitely eager, like the ones who watch these boards. Others barely even read our e-mails before sending a generic response that in no way answers our questions. http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91848.
Also, I think the real question is why are you responding to Sabre's post if you are just going to lecture? You're response is not helpful.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #18
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
Clint says, "Best parenting occurs"....see Clint there is a difference between helpful and arrogant. You are unpleasant to listen to and that is not helpful.

But I am sure you will continue to try to show us the way.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #19
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.

>> ... But I am sure you will continue to try to show us the way ...

All I can say is that I get results. And NOT by moaning and whining. And NOT by sitting back and waiting for weeks on end for replies.

>> ... you think it is the customers job to continually follow up with a company even though they say they will get back to you?

I repeat, I would not wait two weeks for such a response. Something is amiss. I have NEVER had to wait more than a couple days for a reply to a direct question to a Kobo representative.

Back to my Kobo ...
Old 08-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #20
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T3, Kindle 3, iPad2, Nexus7v2
You might have had to wait only two days. It seems that some of us have had to wait far longer for a response if any at all from customer service. Yet you persist on having a go at all those who dare have a differing point to your opinion.

I emailed Dell customer service yesterday about an issue regarding my netbook and received an answer within two hours that solved the issue. I expect the same from other companies.

My last communication to Kobo was thanking them for the potted escalation communication they sent in response to my original request and that was quite a few days ago.

Something IS amiss but not from my end.

As I said before, you were fortunate enough to have had your Kobo firmware upgraded via SD card. But you bluster about and attack others who want the same ability?

Get off your high horse and stop pontificating.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #21
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Don't hold your breath waiting for a dismount Sabre.
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #22
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... It seems that some of us have had to wait far longer for a response if any at all from customer service ...

How much longer are you going to wait before you send a direct note to someone at Kobo? Seems like an awful waste of time today in this thread. It's been two weeks ... why not wait another month or so ...

>> ... Don't hold your breath waiting for a dismount ...

Cute. Coincidentally, I just finished feeding my ass (I'll leave the punch lines up to you guys) as a matter of fact. His name is Edward R. Burro.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #23
Duiker
Addict
Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Duiker can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
>> ... It seems that some of us have had to wait far longer for a response if any at all from customer service ...

How much longer are you going to wait before you send a direct note to someone at Kobo? Seems like an awful waste of time today in this thread. It's been two weeks ... why not wait another month or so ...

>> ... Don't hold your breath waiting for a dismount ...

Cute. Coincidentally, I just finished feeding my ass (I'll leave the punch lines up to you guys) as a matter of fact. His name is Edward R. Burro.
(yawn) Bored now.
Duiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:13 AM   #24
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

I do not want to put more wood on the fire. I will
simply say that I wrote a mail month and more ago
and got no answer yet.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:42 AM   #25
JOCO_MKNZ
JOCO_MKNZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
I think this thread is beggining to be a bit heated. I have contacted Customer service to get an SD card image and there has been no reply as well. This was TWO WEEKS AGO. I have gotten a replacement kobo in the meantime from my retailer, but this will not solve my concerns.

I want to have the SD card option and having the source to do whatever I like with the software of the device. I am a firm believer that source will be the way to speed up fixing the software bugs this device.

The reason of sabredogs complaint about customer service is (from my point of view) the fact that ALL questions regarding sd card images have been put on hold without an official reply from Kobo.
JOCO_MKNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:12 AM   #26
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 / Nexus 7 / Kindle PW
sabredog has stated his personal disappointment which is perfectly fine and it should be respected. This is what Mobileread is about - we communicate with each other in a friendly tone, we share experiences and we exchange tips to make the best out of e-book reading.

Please avoid resorting to personal insults or accusations - it's really uncalled for and doesn't help anyone.

Thank you.

Alex
Mobileread Team
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:13 AM   #27
*reg*
Human
*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, iPhone
Quote:
I would not let such a "problem report" go on for two weeks without additional intervention. And I certainly would not NOT re-contact Kobo but post a complaint in a messagegroup like this. I would rather get my problem handled, rather than look for sympathy.
If customer service is efficient then a customer should not need to intervene.

I also value people posting their own experience with a company, negative or positive. I do not believe people who post a complaint are looking for sympathy at all, but rather just wanting others to know of their experience. People can then choose to take this on board or leave it.

Also posting a complaint on a forum such as this one where there is Kobo Staff presence could be seen as getting a 'problem handled'. Companies don't want negative feedback out on the web and so often will take action to resolve any issues.
*reg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 06:59 AM   #28
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *reg* View Post

Also posting a complaint on a forum such as this one where there is Kobo Staff presence could be seen as getting a 'problem handled'. Companies don't want negative feedback out on the web and so often will take action to resolve any issues.
The part of very problem. Kobo people don't answer, except what
they want to answer. If they don't like the question, they ignore it.
Just to say that advertisement says new kindle is for $139.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:55 AM   #29
sabredog
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks everyone.

I want the Kobo tech staff to respond. I know they check here, especially Sameer who has been helpful to many members here many times.

Hopefully they will respond, either to my request or here on the forum.

I have no problems promoting the Kobo, it is a great device.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #30
sabredog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Thanks everyone.

I want the Kobo tech staff to respond. I know they check here, especially Sameer who has been helpful to many members here many times.

Hopefully they will respond, either to my request or here on the forum.
Which they have done, with apologies for the long delay.

Thanks to the Kobo support team for coming through and for the apology, I appreciate it.

Last edited by sabredog; 08-30-2010 at 07:55 PM.