Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #1
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Lightbulb Reflections on Reflection / Glare ...

Obviously, whichever reader we use, the surface will always be more susceptible to glare than paper. Since my laptop has similar issues, I have found some things that have helped me.

1) I normally have my lamp/light to the side of where I am working and/or reading. This keeps it from reflecting on the surface and minimizes the problems.

2) I have discovered that the more light that is available, the fewer the reflections as well as the easier it is to read using e-ink technology. This is particularly true when I have lights available from multiple sources.

3) By using a small led clip light (to the side) in rooms where I normally have a problem with glare, I have noticed that the glare disappears.

4) Of course, reading outside in the sunshine is the nicest solution - but we can't always do that - too hot, too cold, too wet, too windy.

Anyway, I am still experimenting ... and would love to hear other suggestions concerning the ways others handle the same issue.
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
aeoro
aeoro began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Sitting near a window with sunshine is the best solution for me.

The screen really is not a problem at all if you have a good light source as suggested. It's perfectly clear for me. The only time I have a hard time seeing is when the room isn't well lit and tilting the screen slightly down seems to fix the problem anyway.

I love the 600! (:

To anyone still holding off on purchasing a 600...

Don't not order one just because of the screen, it really isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. Make sure you do purchase a case though. The one it comes with isn't very protective.

Last edited by aeoro; 09-05-2009 at 04:11 PM.
aeoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
Taboo
Taboo began at the beginning.

Device: Smart Q, PRS 505, Asus T91
I just returned my 600 and ended up buying a 505.
For me the glare/reflection was very annoying and distracting, in the end I don't want to have to worry about finding a good light source, or which angle to hold the reader.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glare, reflection