Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 05:03 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Mitch Joel: Product is the New Marketing

http://www.twistimage.com/blog/archi...new-marketing/

He quotes Jeff Bezos:
Quote:
. If I build a great product or service, my customers will tell each other."
Quote:
This isn't really about word of mouth marketing in as much as it is about the fact that customers don't just tell one another about brands they love (and hate)... they tell everybody.
Very true.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:18 PM   #2
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
This is about the big change in marketing, and why customer service is so important today!
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
From someone (Jeff Bezos) who is buying prime TV time and spending millions to produce TV commercials, this comment seems a bit disingenuous. Sounds more like a sound bite than a heartfelt philosophy, to me.

NOT THAT I'M KNOCKING AMAZON PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, which I believe show a genuine concern for the consumer UP TO A POINT...that point being whatever helps the company financially without giving up control or cooperating with competitors for the betterment of the consumer. Amazon is still very dog-eat-dog, law of the jungle.

But it's a good thing to say when you know consumers are watching and listening. If he said it privately in a board meeting I'd give it more credence.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote