|07-19-2010, 03:33 AM||#2|
Join Date: Nov 2006
Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6, MS Surface Pro, N7
If there was a simple "this is best" we wouldn't need this forum. Seriously, there is no "best". You need to decide what it is you want to do with a reader. Eg (and this is a far from exhaustive list):
- Is portability a high priority, or will you be reading primarily at home.
- What features are important for you? Being able to organise your book collection into folder? Searching? Annotation? Bookmarking? Dictionary lookup?
- What type of books will you mainly be reading? Commercial books? Out of copyright classics? Academic papers?
- Where do you want to read? In full sunlight? In artificial light? In the dark?
- Do you have any problems reading from LCD screens, or do you prefer eInk screens?
- Do you want a "pure" reading device, or you want a device which also has internet access?
- What is your budget?
- Which country do you live in?
- Do you have any preference as to file format?
- Are there any particular bookstores you'd like to be able to buy books in?
Those are just a few of the questions one might ask. A simple "which is best" only raises the question "best for doing what?".