Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #1
jncrft
jncrft began at the beginning.

Device: none
Border books on Nook?

I'm an overseas user looking for a source of books. Even when I use a vpn tunnel, I can't buy ebooks. They get cancelled (I have a credit card as my default).

Is it possible to use books purchased from the Borders site on the Nook? Any other bookstores that overseas users recommend?

Thanks

Jon
jncrft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
yes Borders does use epub, you'll have to download the Borders ereader to your computer and then hook up your Nook via USB and sideload it in.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 AM   #3
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of itbeartard has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
The same process works for users of Borders' Android app. I wonder how long it will be before the nook-devs guys get a nook-usable version out?

Also, it's not really relevant to this thread, but the kindle app for Android downloads mobipocket books, some of which are able to be converted by Calibre into epub format for the nook.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
GERGE
Groupie
GERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowGERGE will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: Kobo Glo
And to buy ebooks with VPN, you have to add an US address to your credit card and use that address as the billing address.

Use this site for that: http://www.viaddress.com/ I bought a cover for Nook with them.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:12 PM   #5
senswif
senswif began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
And to buy ebooks with VPN, you have to add an US address to your credit card and use that address as the billing address.

Use this site for that: http://www.viaddress.com/ I bought a cover for Nook with them.
Can you use viaaddress' convierge service to buy ebooks?
senswif is offline   Reply With Quote