Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #1
B.K. Wright
Groupie
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile Epub

Sorry about the author promotion post on the other forum. I didn't realize there was this new and wonderful forum. Thanks for making it.

To the wonderful authors out there:

If you would like inclusion into the Apple ibookstore, but can't seem to redo your epub to pass the very stringent epub check, please e-mail Beau to Beau at info@beautobeau.com. The Beau to Beau books are being redone at record speed. I have a wonderful programmer who is able to redo epubs in about an hour guaranteed to be validated -- it's foolproof.

B.K. Wright
Beau to Beau Books
info@beautobeau.com

B.K. Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
BK, that sounds like a great idea - are you asking for payment?

Mine seem to be getting in OK via Smashwords, and I'm outside the US anyhow, which makes SW my best bet atm - but I know there are a few other people looking for a hand in this.
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:31 AM   #3
B.K. Wright
Groupie
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, there is a fee, and can let you know about that today hopefully. I'm not the one who does it; it's my good buddy who has a master's degree in Info. Tech. and accounting. That stuff is way above me. It doesn't take him very long, so I don't think it would be very costly, not anything like some other outlets are charging. I think, too, that those outside the U.S. can then directly upload to the Apple store. I don't think Apple only takes U.S., because I've seen a lot of books and music in their store that I cannot read the titles of -- looks like Chinese, Japanese, or Korea, or something other than what I know.
Old 07-16-2010, 05:48 AM   #4
B.K. Wright
Groupie

Me again. I got back sooner than I thought. The fee is $50.00 per epub, and then the author/publisher can upload directly to the ibookstore which offers a generous split in the author's favor. In my experience, it has always been better to work directly with the stores. That way you can track your daily sales. I did the "third party" thing, and there is really no way of checking for one's true sales. And, going directly gets you paid faster. Hope that helps.

Tags
authors, books, epub, ibookstore, reformatting