Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #1
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Hello from Japan!

Hi All, after getting the clue-in over at kindleboards.com that this is the happening place to be, I've finally decided to plant myself here and give it a show.

My name's Jason, and as the title says I'm currently in Japan (Hiroshima actually--it's the bomb!), though not for much longer. I'm an avid reader and writer, hoping to unearth some new books, introduce my own, and find other people who are reading and writing.

I'm the author of the newly released Powerless series, which is a YA fantasy story about a girl who finds out she's the only one without a super power. Ok, that should do it. And who are you?
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Pleased to meet you Jason - welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 07-10-2010, 06:12 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya, Jason. Great to have your company here. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPhone 5, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jason and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #5
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Jason and welcome to MobileRead!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #6
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Alright, let's get out there and see what's going on around the boards.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, Nexus 7
Hi Jason, welcome to Mobileread. I live in Japan too, in Yokosuka, about 30 minutes from Yokohama.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 AM   #8
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Jason and Welcome to MR!
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:48 AM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #10
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Thanks HT and glowhappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
Hi Jason, welcome to Mobileread. I live in Japan too, in Yokosuka, about 30 minutes from Yokohama.
Oh, that's awesome! I'm close to Hiroshima and been here for about 2 years. How do you like Japan? Definitely pretty different from New York.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 AM   #11
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
Thanks HT and glowhappy!

Oh, that's awesome! I'm close to Hiroshima and been here for about 2 years. How do you like Japan? Definitely pretty different from New York.
I've been here for two years too. I'm from Seattle originally. It's very different from... everywhere! I hardly know what to say to people when they ask what it's like here. Are you in or working for the military?
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:44 AM   #12
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Name:  hello_01.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  8.3 KB Jason, and welcome to the forum.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #13
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Thanks Lady Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobama View Post
I've been here for two years too. I'm from Seattle originally. It's very different from... everywhere! I hardly know what to say to people when they ask what it's like here. Are you in or working for the military?
Hahaha, it is very different, isn't it? Not with the military though. I've been teaching English. Lots of fun, but soon I'll be headed back to the states. Things can be strange sometime, but at the bottom of it all they're just people like you and me. Anything in particular you found exceptionally strange?
Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #14
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 06:41 PM   #15
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Thanks Imogen! How do you find mobileread compares with kindleboards? My impression is its a bit more serious.