Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #16
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... I've revisited the nook since buying a Kobo and have no buyer's remorse at all ...

I had the same experience last week. The Nook WiFi was s-l-o-w to load a chapter, but that might have been because it was a demo, and messed up by mis-use. But it IS heavier ...

I am not independently wealthy. But I could have afforded another Kindle 2 at the price they were at a month ago. I do not regret my Kobo purchase at all.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
techie42
Zealot
techie42 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: KOBO and iPad
I have to say that I love my Kobo. Way back when I did want an ereader but I did not want to spend a small fortune on it. I mean you can by a lot of books for $300+ dollars. Since then I have done some shoping around and I still like the kobo best of the other ereaders that I have seen. The extra weight and bulk of the other ereaders really turns me off.

Now having said that I also want an ereader type of device for tech manuals, text books, newspapers and, magazines. I am not sure 100% how to go with this. My inner-Developer is leaning towards the iPad. But if Amazon keeps droping the price of the Kindle DX this is going to be a very tough call. I have also heard rummors of a Kindle SDK? I also wonder if the Android crowd will pull off a decent platfrom six months from now.
techie42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 07-14-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.clintbradford is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
>> ... I also want an ereader type of device for tech manuals, text books, newspapers and, magazines ...

I have a bunch of .pdf files on my Kobo's SD card that I access.

Have you seen the newspapers that Calibre allows you to download to your Kobo?
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Vardd
Vardd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
>> ... I also want an ereader type of device for tech manuals, text books, newspapers and, magazines ...

I have a bunch of .pdf files on my Kobo's SD card that I access.

Have you seen the newspapers that Calibre allows you to download to your Kobo?
Same here, most of the thing I read on my kobo are Tech "books", physics/math textbook and what ever pdf i want to read on X subject.

It takes maybe 5 min to get them ready for the on Kobo, (Delete margin, play a little bit with the bookmark if I am allowed, etc) The kobo does a great job once you passed that 5 min to "get them ready".

Also, dont forget www.instapaper.com if you need to read a website on your kobo. Works , most of the time, perfectly.

Vardd
Vardd is offline   Reply With Quote