Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 09:02 AM   #16
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Whoohoo, my ePub links finally appeared and I now, just over 2 weeks, have a copy of the "instant" eBooks.

Will I purchase an eBook from Borders Australia again? No, not unless I can't find the book anywhere else or the price is significantly less - unlikely.

This experience has, unfortunately, put me off Kobo as a whole - seeing first hand how disorganised that they are and just how poorly their systems seem to be, I doubt I will purchase another Kobo. I like the Kobo reader, I like the fact that it is a relatively open device. I had planed to purchase another one for myself and my wife and purchase a few others for family members at birthdays/Christmas. I won't be now.

The eReader field is growing rapidly and the Kobo had the right price point for a little while, but things have changed, prices have come down, the Kobo experience has not been smooth. I'll be looking elsewhere first - will I come back to Kobo - maybe, when they get sorted.

Time to go and
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:13 PM   #17
mylesau
Enthusiast
mylesau began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakkalla View Post
Can someone then please tell me why two of my purchases do not allow me to download the files?
kakkalla, you will have to chase it up with Borders Australia - there is a known problem that the ePub (ADE) links don't show up sometimes and you have to take a hot poker and stick it in the eye of Borders Australia to get it fixed.

Sign into their help/request system and lodge a request - the response time is slow but it does seem to get sorted eventually.
mylesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 01:03 AM   #18
cadele
Zealot
cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cadele ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles, Sony 650
I asked for a refund, which took Borders a few days but they did do. I won't be purchasing another e-book from them until they can get this problem sorted.

It is a huge shame because they have a number of books that I would like to order, but my faith in them is now a little shaky and if you have problems they seem to be excruciatingly slow. Kiss of death in the digital age.

Will be happy to buy from them again when things are sorted out.
cadele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:06 AM   #19
soup
soup began at the beginning.

DRM does nothing but punish and hinder the lawful.

I wouldn't touch the software that came with my kobo and am still trying to find the original desktop software kobo wrote.

it's a bit of a joke really.

call up borders, complain about your problem and take names and make notes untill you get what you want, then never shop like that again. find an outlet that lets you download the books to your computer and keep them there, and then use calibre.
soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:00 AM   #20
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T3, Kindle 3, iPad2, Nexus7v2
So far customer service has been pretty good regarding the ereader and firmware issues.

Thanks go to Paul Donovan for pushing customers requests for SD card firmware images being made available!
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 07:15 AM   #21
bradbase
bradbase began at the beginning.

My experience was fine

I bought a Kobo from Borders the night before last. In the last two days I've bought 6 books from Borders and, in terms of "delivery", all have worked out just fine. EG: they were available for download within moments.
bradbase is offline   Reply With Quote