Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 12:47 PM   #16
mike_bike_kite
Digitally confused
mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mike_bike_kite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, K2i, Nexus 7 32gb, Kobo Mini
I think it's great that a company wants to involve a knowledgeable customer base in the development of their new products. It only takes a few minutes to provide them with decent wording for their menus and then a whole new market is opened up for their product. I'll admit the 10% discount isn't very generous though.
mike_bike_kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:38 AM   #17
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad mini, HP Touchpad, Aura HD
I just came accross this:
http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...touch-screens/

The 9 inch reader might be interesting for someone looking for a large screened reader. I also like that there is worldwide free shipping on pre-orders.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 09-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #18
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbimad1011 View Post
The mreader appears to be on the way.They now posting as taking pre-orders
no wifi but looks ok.
anyone got one?
You can pre-order me?
I'm not too bad though, a bit of glare due to balding head, but otherwise good battery life and no DRM.

PS: Joking aside, it looks really good! I look forward to seeing how it handles PDF. Is it a full FBReader implementation?

Last edited by m-reader; 09-27-2010 at 08:59 AM.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:12 AM   #19
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Hmm, PDF and DjVu support - I like!

Is that touch screen suitable for taking notes though? I wonder if it is capacitive or if it needs a little stylus as well (similar to the new Pocketbooks).

Will have to compare this 9" Mreader to the Pocketbook 903.
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
mclien
42, the answer
mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.mclien for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Pocketbook 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
And if getting the language right is truly important, you don't ask random people, you hire a skilled editor.
If that would be a general truth and not just an oppinion, no Linux internationalisation would have ever worked!
So from a company which follows a open software path, it's more likely to me to walk the mentioned path
Quote:
Sounds fishy to me, or at the very least, unprofessional.
Always remember:"Professional built the Titanic, amateurs built the ark"
mclien is offline   Reply With Quote