Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-25-2007, 08:15 AM   #16
kapoira
Connoisseur
kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kapoira has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: i62HD + T68
step by step i'm avancing but now i can't install the scatchbox because of i don't found the package:
scratchbox-core that Depends on scratch-box
and in the repositories i have these line
deb http://scratchbox.org/debian/ ./

ans yes it's fails in the "new line" to satisfect the depends:
# apt-get install `cat sc-deps`

well step by step, we will get a toolchain that will work in lunx 32 or 64 ;-)

exist the possibility of getting a scractchbox in 64 bits¿?
kapoira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 02:40 PM   #17
Mythago
Mythago began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
ln -s dependencies-helper/*.sh .
Fixed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica
sbox$ echo nameserver <ip> >> /etc/resolv.conf
If that solves it, I would have to update the wiki for that, too O:-).
And fixed again! It works fine now. Thanks!

One other question: When using sb-menu and selecting the cpu-transparency method, your instructions say to select qemu-arm but I get list of roughly six qemu-arm selections to choose from. Does it matter which I select?

-Mythago
Mythago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:36 AM   #18
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad, onhandpc, newton, zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
One other question: When using sb-menu and selecting the cpu-transparency method, your instructions say to select qemu-arm but I get list of roughly six qemu-arm selections to choose from. Does it matter which I select?
I only remember one in my installation :-?. What are the options you have in the list?
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:16 PM   #19
Mythago
Mythago began at the beginning.

I get the following items:
qemu-arm-0.7.0-sb2
qemu-arm-0.8.0-m2
qemu-arm-0.8.0-sb2
qemu-arm-0.8.1-sb2
qemu-armeb-0.8.1-sb2

I went with the first one and haven't run into any problems so far but I haven't done anything more than getting xpuzzles and a vnc client compiled and tested.
Mythago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 12:29 PM   #20
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-booksAntartica has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad, onhandpc, newton, zaurus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythago
I get the following items:
qemu-arm-0.7.0-sb2
qemu-arm-0.8.0-m2
qemu-arm-0.8.0-sb2
qemu-arm-0.8.1-sb2
qemu-armeb-0.8.1-sb2

I went with the first one and haven't run into any problems so far but I haven't done anything more than getting xpuzzles and a vnc client compiled and tested.
Googling around, I've found the following page:

http://scratchbox.org/download/scrat...re_advanced_1/

It seems than in the latest release of scratchbox they've included more than one version of the qemu emulator, as different versions have different bugs (so depending on the libc/compiler, one may work while the other not).

Anyway, all versions seems to work when not using very recent kernels, if I interpret correctly that page, so the version choosed is not very important to our needs.
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #21
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Can I add new lib to the toolchain?
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #22
-Thomas-
Addict
-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.-Thomas- once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iRex iLiad v2
Maybe I got your question wrong, but you can easily compile all needed libs by yourself. Just download the source and compile it inside the scratchbox environment.

This is the way I do it:

1. Often I come across a missing library when doing a ./configure for a wanted app. I look up the (Debian) package name of that lib via
Code:
apt-cache search xyz
2. Afterwards I download its source:
Code:
apt-get source libxyz-dev
3. Then I compile and install it into the scratchbox environment ("make", "make install" etc.)
4. After successfully installing the needed lib I continue with the compilation process of the wanted app. The dep-helpers ("lib-gen.sh") will then automatically find the new library.

Hope this helps.
-Thomas- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #23
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
You just got my question exact. Thank you.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote