Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-17-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
azzy
azzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygxiao View Post
I gave up and went to a local Chapters store and had it replaced with a brand new one(black). I can feel the difference between the new and the original. The original was more stable and a little bit faster, I have no idea why.
I just got back from an Indigo store. My Kobo has been replaced as well. Not to sure about your stability and speed, but the new Kobo is faster (loading and page turning) and I can change the font size in my own non-Kobo books, its just so wonderful ... sniff .. no I'm not crying.

azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
JOCO_MKNZ
JOCO_MKNZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Ereader
I am having similar problems to what you describe. Neither windows XP or Linux detect the Kobo device anymore.

As far as the computer is concerned the device does not exist.

The odd thing is that I was not doing a firmwire update when it happend. I was uploading calibre converted comic books on the SD card and the Kobo got stuck on the processing new books part and I had to do a paper clip reset. After that point the Kobo is still responsive but I have no internal drive. Now sometimes it does not turn on after a shutdown.

Any ideas on solution would be helpful.
JOCO_MKNZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement