Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
thomasmorus
Connoisseur
thomasmorus began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Stanza & Calibre & IPAD

Hello All

After a lot trial & error I found for myself that Stanza is the best reading apps on the IPad. With the connection to the calibre Server it is quit easy to transfer the books to the device and since the newest Stanza release is out it also transfers the metadata inclusive the comments section - Finally having the backside of the Book again!

The only problem I had was that Stanza would not download some books (about 10-15%) of my collection (about 3000 books) without any information why.

For Example: When I would start downloading it would take about 5 books of a serie but not the second one, even if all of them were loaded / transfomed to Calibre at the same time, with the same settings.

Also, when loading from the Calibre Server all books in Stanza opened with the metadata page showing the Book Jacket, only the Books not downloading opened in the read modus with the first page showing.

Can anybody help her???

Thanks a lot

Thomas

P.S. I have some things I would like Stanza to do
- Two page screen in the landscape mode
- take the series metadata from Calibre (incluidng numbering)

Last edited by thomasmorus; 07-02-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Corrections
thomasmorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think I prefer iBooks to Stanza for normal reading, but that is very subjective. I do have Stanza installed as well because I like being able to access my books remotely which iBooks does not support.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert