Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 11:05 AM   #1
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Question Have you read any good cozy mysteries with dogs? (Kindle)

I love mysteries but am not too familiar with cozies. The ones I've read all had an amateur sleuth with a cat, which made me wonder about cozies with dogs. I'm curious about the sleuths - whether there are differences between sleuths with cats and sleuths with dogs.

Weird, I know, but I'm reading Joanne Fluke's Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder now - want to sample some cozies with dogs, and pick one next.

Any Kindle Book recommendations?
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
If you want cozy with dogs, here you can find a lot: Cozy with dogs Anyway, I like the books this author writes about dogs (she can talk to them ) : Judi McCoy I like them, I don't know if they're good or bad.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 12:44 PM   #3
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
If you want cozy with dogs, here you can find a lot: Cozy with dogs Anyway, I like the books this author writes about dogs (she can talk to them ) : Judi McCoy I like them, I don't know if they're good or bad.
Thanks so much, Terisa! I'll sample Judi McCoy and some others on the list too.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Lacing Up for Murder by Irene Radford. Very, very highly recommended.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 PM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
This is one that I've seen mentioned by some of our MR members. She is on my author list, and the link goes to Smashwords.

Ellen O'Connell (ellenoc on MR)
cozy dog mystery, female sleuth

I know that there is another one, but I just can't remember right now.

I hope you enjoy it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Sara Paretsky's private eye, V. I. Warshawski, has a dog.

But I can't imagine why anyone would care.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've read Ellen O'Connell's mystery and I've liked it a lot.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:25 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Sara Paretsky's private eye, V. I. Warshawski, has a dog.

But I can't imagine why anyone would care.
There's a big difference between a dog "appearing" in the book and a dog "being an important part" of the book
Old 06-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Lacing Up for Murder by Irene Radford. Very, very highly recommended.
Thank you very much, I think I'm going to get it
Old 06-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
What about Norbert Davis's soft-boiled noir age detective whose partner is a great dane? Doans and Carstairs appeared in about four novels. See Manybooks and Mobileread.

Oh, Murderer Mine - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12473
The Mouse in the Mountain - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17928
Sally's in the Alley - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=norbert+davis
Holocaust House - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=norbert+davis

Great fun, too!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #11
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Books by Rita Mae Brown are "Mrs Murphy mysteries" -- where Mrs Murphy is a cat. *BUT* the cat has a side-kick who is a dog, Tucker (i think). You might enjoy them - I do!

Oh - the cat ostensibly writes the books, and ostensibly solves the mysteries with the dog helping.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:06 AM   #12
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
There's a big difference between a dog "appearing" in the book and a dog "being an important part" of the book
Good point.

In one V. I. Warshawski story, the fact that the dog was pregnant seemed to be an important factor.

But I got so fed up with reading about the wretched dog in what should have been a mystery that I gave up after a couple of chapters.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:36 AM   #13
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Good point.

In one V. I. Warshawski story, the fact that the dog was pregnant seemed to be an important factor.

But I got so fed up with reading about the wretched dog in what should have been a mystery that I gave up after a couple of chapters.
That's true. Sometimes it's a bit excesive.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!

Wow - thanks everybody!!!
Old 07-03-2010, 05:41 AM   #15
stryker9
bib-lee-O-file
stryker9 began at the beginning.

Device: FB Reader on Laptop
I think somehow the beautiful "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time" (by Mark Haddon) comes to mind, but it really isn't about the dog.

..my dime.
stryker9 is offline   Reply With Quote