Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #16
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 505
This has been fixed and the fix will be in the next release.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #17
nyrath
Addict
nyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfoldednyrath reads XML... blindfolded

Device: nook
I recently had another similar problem, which was not Sigil's fault.
I imported a text file, and it was full of bizarre character. There was no BOM marker at the start of the text file, and translating the file into UTF-8 did nothing.

So I looked at one of the garbage characters with a hex editor, and did some research on Google.

As it turns out, the file was in this obsolete format called "Mac OS Roman" or "Macroman".

Lucky for me, Python comes with a codec that understands MacRoman. So I wrote a quick script that opened the file with codecs.open('myfile.txt', "r", 'mac-roman'), read it in, and wrote it out into an output file created with codecs.open('myfile_CLEAN.txt', 'w', 'utf-8') Problem solved.
nyrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 06-30-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Quote:
Originally Posted by charleski View Post
Sigil occupies a unique, and very valuable, position in the epub ecosystem.
Yes, ePub as ecosystem. I've been thrashing about in it with my hip-boots. I need to stand still and observe more. Thanks.
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 AM   #19
edella
edella is on a distinguished road

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
There are few minor things not work reporting, and given that it comes for free I certainly like it a lot.
Not quite free, if you make a donation.. .
edella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #20
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, Nook Glow, PB Touch Lux 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
This has been fixed and the fix will be in the next release.
Any idea when the next release will be ... uh ... released?
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #21
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Any idea when the next release will be ... uh ... released?
Seeing as how I'll be going on a two-week vacation starting tomorrow and that there's quite a bit of work I want to include in the next release, I'd say about a month. Eyeball guesstimate.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 04:38 PM   #22
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim, PRS350/650, Nook Glow, PB Touch Lux 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Seeing as how I'll be going on a two-week vacation starting tomorrow and that there's quite a bit of work I want to include in the next release, I'd say about a month. Eyeball guesstimate.

Well, do enjoy your vacation! I wish they'd let me take two weeks in a row at work!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote