Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-12-2014, 11:05 PM   #1
idoit
Plus
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW2 3G, iPhone 5s
KPW2 stuck on DIAGS EXIT! bricked?

I have a jailbroken KPW2 with rescue pack already installed but not fastboot bundle. I went to the diags mode and did some stuff (yes you guessed right, idme and pcbsn), and when I wanted to exit the diags mode and reboot, it's now stuck on "DIAGS EXIT Please use serial port "screen. Is it bricked?

No matter how long I keep the power button pressed, the LED just flashes orange 5 times and nothing happens.

I looked at http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=242058 and http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=231823 too but haven't tried Kubrick yet. Please help.

P.S. And as I said earlier, I didn't install fastboot bundle, so I guess I don't have fastboot mode on the KPW2 ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	126768  

Last edited by idoit; 08-13-2014 at 12:36 AM.
idoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:51 AM   #2
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Do what the instructions say.

The Diags screen is (**should be**) repeated on the serial port, and on the serial port the 'exit' command(s) will work.

(My K3 is that way, not the first time it has been seen.)
knc1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 08-13-2014, 01:01 AM   #3
idoit
Plus
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks knc1.

[I PMed you too.]

I do not have any cables other than mini-USB and the device is just like new (not opened at all). As previously for my K3 and KT, I debricked without ever needing serial cable (even fastboot stuff), I am pretty ignorant in this respect. I'd appreciate if you can help.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoit View Post
Thanks knc1.

[I PMed you too.]

I do not have any cables other than mini-USB and the device is just like new (not opened at all). As previously for my K3 and KT, I debricked without ever needing serial cable (even fastboot stuff), I am pretty ignorant in this respect. I'd appreciate if you can help.
It is interesting that you stumbled into this mess at the moment.

In another recent thread, someone posted that the serial port pads are missing (or moved / hidden ) on the PW2 board.
I requested a board picture be posted, but no picture yet.

If there is a tear-down series on the PW2 (or the even newer, non-jp 4Gbyte flash PW2) I have not been able to find it.
Perhaps someone else with more "Google Foo" than I can find one.

So I would hold off opening it up for now.
Give someone with more fastboot experience than I to reply here.

Or consider returning it for exchange as "broke".

- - - -

Besides, it is only two months away from "new device announcement" October.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
idoit
Plus

Argh! I am an idiot not idoit. Why the hell I felt like a super ninja and experimented with this thing. Who on the face of Earth thinks of changing pcbsn?!!!! Goddamn it.

So knc1 and others: my KPW2 is completely toasted? Am I out of luck now?

Last edited by idoit; 08-13-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader

Quote:
So knc1 and others: my KPW2 is completely toasted? Am I out of luck now?
No -
It is just that we may not have the expertise here to get it running again.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Wizard
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Why don't you try kubrick?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2
@Glorfindel: Because unless you know how to boot a PW2 in fastboot mode, that won't help.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #9
idoit
Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Glorfindel: Because unless you know how to boot a PW2 in fastboot mode, that won't help.
@NiLuJe: Is it possible to boot in fastboot mode in this sucka, in any way?

I am seriously considering emailing the moderator to change my username to idiot now. Paid 180$ last week and made an awesomely working flawless device a piece of brick in a matter of seconds, night-owling!!!

Last edited by idoit; 08-13-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #10
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@idoit: IIRC, with serial access, yes. Possibly other ways with direct access to the board, too, unless I dreamed that ;p.

But without opening it up, so far we've only had a very few reports of it happening for weird and unreproducible reasons ;p. (So, no.).
Old 08-13-2014, 04:29 PM   #11
idoit
Plus

Quote:
@idoit: IIRC, with serial access, yes. Possibly other ways with direct access to the board, too, unless I dreamed that ;p.

But without opening it up, so far we've only had a very few reports of it happening for weird and unreproducible reasons ;p. (So, no.).
Can you direct me to those reports? as I've been away for some time and don't recall much. Thanks.

Oh I hope it doesn't require me having skills and knowledge for serial access, which I have absolutely 0 skillset! Oh well, I guess I should learn if it's needed.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:55 PM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@idoit: Whee, err, I think the latest one was from knc1 ;p.

But yeah, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #13
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader

Latest news:
Amazon changed the PW2 board layout - and removed (or hid) the serial port connector pads.

Or so it was reported, Still waiting for a board picture to be posted.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:40 PM   #14
knc1
Embedded Cheerleader

Quote:
I am seriously considering emailing the moderator to change my username to idiot now. Paid 180$ last week and made an awesomely working flawless device a piece of brick in a matter of seconds, night-owling!!!
I think this earns an award:
Yes, we do know, that you know, that wasn't the greatest idea in the world.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ShotintheFoot2.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	126806  

Last edited by knc1; 08-13-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
Glorfindel
Wizard
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
Quote:
Ok I wasn't sure.
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote