Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Sony: not publisher-provided ePubs?

I may need to rip through the metadata some more to sort this out, but...

When Naomi Novik's first Temeraire book was released for free from Sony & B&N, I figured I might as well get it from both & compare the resulting ePubs. To my surprised they weren't identical.

At first glance, it looks like Sony was given OEB files, that they turned into their LRFs. When they converted to ePub, they just reused those OEB files, instead of getting a new ePub from the publisher.

The B&N file, meanwhile, looks like a "fresh" ePub from Random House.

Has anybody noticed any other cases where different retailers are sending out different versions of supposedly the same book? Is it even safe to assume that this doesn't happen for new titles, only for archive ones?
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote