Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-11-2007, 02:35 AM   #46
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood
It looks like I will be adding a page or so the the Wiki this weekend on conversion tools like Book Designer and the like. I think the Word Formatting Macro should be there too and will include it in the listing.
Thank you - please do! Since this is a "non sticky" topic it just tend to slide down the topic list, and it's such a useful thing!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #47
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh
Remember, nothing says "thank you" quite like like karma!
Well thank you. Didn't even think about the karma. And one for you too!
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote

Enthusiast
Old 01-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #48
pinenut
pinenut began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo
I got tired of going through the properties menu to fill in the the title and author information in converted files so I modified the Word macro to pop up a window at the start which lets you fill the information in. The window is non-modal so you can cut and paste the author and title from the document.

Download the zip file, expand the two files in its contents. Open word, open macros. Select the old macro or if you have never installed this macro before follow instructions elsewhere on this thread. Edit the macro. Drag and drop the two files in the sip unto the forms item in the macro window. Cut and paste the macro text below.

Sub ebook_formatter()
'
' ebook_formatter Macro
' Macro created 11/28/2006 by Jorge Espinosa
'
' This step take you to the top of your document

Selection.GoTo What:=wdGoToPage, Which:=wdGoToNext, Name:="1"

' Author Title Box
'
title_author_form.Titlebox = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Title"). Value

title_author_form.Authorbox = ActiveDocument.BuiltInDocumentProperties("Author") .Value

title_author_form.Show

' This step clears formatting and sets font to my preferred size
'
.Wrap = wdFindContinue
.Format = False
.MatchCase = False
.MatchWholeWord = False
.MatchByte = False
.MatchWildcards = False
.MatchSoundsLike = False
.MatchAllWordForms = False
End With
Selection.Find.Execute Replace:=wdReplaceAll

End Sub
I am having difficulty dragging and dropping the two files unto the forms item in the macro window. I don't see any forms item when I open the edit macro window.

Can you help me?
pinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:48 AM   #49
Vaporware
Not here yet.
Vaporware began at the beginning.

Device: ETI-2 Ebook Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinenut
I am having difficulty dragging and dropping the two files unto the forms item in the macro window. I don't see any forms item when I open the edit macro window.

Can you help me?
me too. the frx file didn't load when I tried to apply them.
Vaporware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 AM   #50
Stingo
Evangelist
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KT, K3, KDXG, KDX, prs505(silver) and prs500(my first e-reader)
Sorry for the problems. I'll take a look at it tonight and refresh the instructions. I am rewriting the macro as a C# program and it should be much easier to use without having to open Word.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:59 PM   #51
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Also had problems dragging the .frx file. Look forward to the Macro rewrite... any updates since January?
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:26 PM   #52
Stingo
Evangelist
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KT, K3, KDXG, KDX, prs505(silver) and prs500(my first e-reader)
I'm sorry but I had not gone back to work on the macro since I considered BookDesigner a much superior tool. I really didn't see a reason to keep using the macro. If there is interest in using it I'll try to go back and address the issues.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:53 PM   #53
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I still use your macro (unchanged since I recorded it) as a prepress tool for BookDesigner. I find that I can edit sections of the text faster in Word than I can in BD so the whole process requires less elapsed time than if I had done the entire editing in BD. While many of the critical elements of the macro are also supported in BD, Your macro allows me to identify potential problem areas rapidly and fix many of them.

Perhaps with future versions of BD I too will cease using the macro. Until then it is a critical part of my editing and production process. Thank you again for this fine tool.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:00 PM   #54
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Can someone zip up a current copy and attach the maco here please? Thanks!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:54 PM   #55
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can someone zip up a current copy and attach the maco here please? Thanks!
Here you go.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Stingo's Word Macro.rar (867 Bytes, 702 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:20 PM   #56
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MacBook Air, iPad Air
I still use a version of this macro also - on every txt or rtf file before I load it into Sony Connect.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:35 PM   #57
JSWolf
Suspended
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650, iPad, nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Here you go.
Thanks!

What I plan on doing is having a look at this and seeing if there are any more things that can be added or might need changing.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:04 AM   #58
bookbinder
Connoisseur
bookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-booksbookbinder has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader 505
Is there any way to add a function to this macro that would convert the text between underscores to italic? I have a lot of books only available in txt format which use this way of marking italics. I tried Word's autoformat feature but it only caught a small percentage of instances. If it can't be automated in Word, does anyone know of a program that could do this?
bookbinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:12 PM   #59
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
txt2lrf
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #60
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Remove indents

I'm trying to figure out how to remove leading white space (tabs or spaces). I just changed from Word 2003 to Words 2007 and now my old method of centering and then justifying does not work for tabs and in the macro it does not work at all. Anyone have a script for this?

Thanks!

-Greg
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content, conversion, formatting