Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #1
Brandobras
Zealot
Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Brandobras once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
converting a lit (and prc) dictionaries to stardict

hello,
I have a couple of copyleft dictionaries in lit and prc format and I'd like to convert them to stardict format, to use them in my boox.
but i don't know how to convert them.. which programs should I use?
any clues?

thank you for your help

best regards
Brandobras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:40 AM   #2
owl123
Addict
owl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litterowl123 doesn't litter

Device: iPad, Samsung Galaxy Note
You'd need to "explode" the .lit and .prc files and then create a script or even a macro that would turn the dictionary entries into a tabfile format, i.e.

Code:
entry1	definition
entry2	definition
entry3	definition
(Between entry1 and definition there's a tab character, the one to the left of the letter Q on your keyboard.)

And then use the stardict-editor to convert the tabfile to stardict format.
owl123 is offline   Reply With Quote