Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2016, 12:56 PM   #1
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch
Exclamation Statistics of books finished always returns to 29

Hi,

Kobo Touch N905C
Firmware 3.19.5761
Language: spanish

When I finished reading the book 30, finished books counter advanced to 30. Shortly thereafter, it returned to 29.

The same thing happened when I finished reading the book 31, 32, 33, etc. The counter advances to 30 and then returns to the 29.

Someone has experienced something similar? Anyone has any suggestion to the respect?

Thanks in advance.
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 06:42 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Is this just the stats tile or the stats page? Or does the stats tile increment and go back down when you open the stats page? Or does the stats change after restarting the device? What's happening with the time read?

Unfortunately, this is probably due to a corrupt database on the device. My guess is that the internal counter for the number of books finished is being updated when the books is finished. But, the database isn't being updated properly. Then, when the database is reread (opening the stats page, restarting the device), it is effectively reading an old copy from when there were only 29 books finished.

You can check the database using an SQLite database manager. Or if you are a calibre user, my Kobo Utilities plugin has a database check function. If it is a corrupt database, if you have a recent backup of the database, you can restore that. Otherwise, you will need to sign out of the device. This will create a new database when you sign in again. You will lose the reading status and stats for sideloaded books, but anything from Kobo should sync.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 11-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #3
cmolinap
Enthusiast
cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.cmolinap knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi davidfor,

Thanks for your comments. I decided sign out mi reader and start with a fresh database. I lost my reading stats, but it doesn't matter.

But, I wonder where I can find your app for Calibre (I manage my reader with Calibre).

Thanks again.
cmolinap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
Willa
Addict
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20, Aura ONE ☺
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmolinap View Post
Hi davidfor,

Thanks for your comments. I decided sign out mi reader and start with a fresh database. I lost my reading stats, but it doesn't matter.

But, I wonder where I can find your app for Calibre (I manage my reader with Calibre).

Thanks again.

Here you go
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote