Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-09-2014, 10:31 AM   #1
coolsnake
coolsnake began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Club
Not able to load reading lists.

I recently bought a Kobo Aura. It works pretty well for me thus far.

The only problem I'm having is that whenever I try to load the "reading lists", it gives me a network error. I'm able to load all the other sections of the Bookstore just fine.

I'm able to access the reading lists through Kobo Desktop and haven't had a problem adding them to my ereader that way.

Anyone have an idea why I'm not able to load the Reading lists through my ereader? Maybe some weird country restriction? I'm from Belgium.

I tried soft resetting and doing a factory reset, nothing seems to help.
coolsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I think some of the store options are affected by which affiliate your device is associated with, but I'm not sure if reading lists is one of them. If you edit the file .kobo/affiliate.conf you could change the device's affiliate to see what effect it has (you might need to restart afterwards.) My Glo is affiliated to Whitcoulls, the reading list option works, although I never use it.

The choice of affiliate can also affect other things like which sleep screen options are available, and how soon you get the latest firmware updates.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 03-14-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
coolsnake

Thank you but that didn't seem to fix anything. I contacted Kobo support and they didn't seem to know either. Haven't encountered anyone else with the same problem aswell.

They told me they're working on it, so fingers crossed I guess.
Old 05-14-2014, 07:06 PM   #4
hankeypancake
hankeypancake began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo, kobo aura
I also have the same problem on a kobo glo & a kobo aura. I talked to kobos customer service but they said I could return the reader to the store, but that's just silly
hankeypancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #5
coolsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankeypancake View Post
I also have the same problem on a kobo glo & a kobo aura. I talked to kobos customer service but they said I could return the reader to the store, but that's just silly
Yes, they told me the same. From what country are you? I wonder if it's something country specific.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #6
hankeypancake
hankeypancake began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo, kobo aura
I'm in sweden. Still have the same problem, both devices
hankeypancake is offline   Reply With Quote