|06-11-2010, 10:27 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hamilton, NJ
Device: DXG, PRS-350
Nook or Onyx Boox (Bebook Neo)??? Need advice.
I bought Nook and have been playing with it for almost a week. I have another week to decide if I want to keep it. I was really considering Onyx Boox 60, but its more expensive than Nook.
To be short I like the Nook, but what I dont like and what Onyx seems to have:
1) PDF support. I dont care much about BN store, cause most of my reading is either doc, pdf or other file I download from the net. Nook is good if you are just using it for reading books, but if you need to read other stuff with graphs, pics and tables Onyx is better as I assume, although I have not tested it myself.
2) Nook does not have landscape mode
3) Nook does not support Unicode (yeah, I know I can work it around and put embed text, but I dont want to spend time on that).
4) Nook does not support some formats I need.
What do you guys think? Any other pros and cons? Is Onyx really better than Nook? Or vise versa. Did anybody have similar thoughts?
Thanks in advance.
|06-11-2010, 05:49 PM||#2|
Join Date: May 2010
I had similar concerned and ended up getting a nook because it was cheaper and available at retail stores here in the US. I'm happy with it thus far.
1) I gather pdf support on these screen size/dpi is never great. The neo/60 seems to help a bit with better zoom/scrolling but I don't think I read any glowing reviews mainly due to physical constraints.
2) I would guess this could be done in a software update although B&N seem slow at address some other more obvious needs so I wouldn't hold your breath.
3) As above. Maybe if they launch an international version once the Wifi only SKU comes out.
4) It's possible but I doubt it, doesn't serve their core business.
I'm happy with the nook. Would have be happier with a wifi only one at a cheaper price but for reading books it does the job great and as I said I like the fact that there is a retail presence behind it. When I considered the Onyx I got into this trumping battle which led me to nearly buying an Alex.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PB302 vs. Bebook Neo/Onyx Boox||luqmaninbmore||Which one should I buy?||22||06-24-2010 12:35 PM|
|Nook or Onyx Boox (Bebook Neo)??? Need advice.||pashlit||Which one should I buy?||13||06-17-2010 10:18 AM|
|Nook or Onyx Boox (Bebook Neo)??? Need advice.||pashlit||Onyx Boox||1||06-12-2010 04:55 PM|
|Onyx Boox 60 / BeBook Neo||Fith||Feedback||11||03-11-2010 01:19 AM|