Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
B.K. Wright
Zealot
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Smile Gracie, by BK Wright, Beau to Beau books

Intro:
Drew and Cameron have been spending their free time in the same park for a couple of years now, though neither knows of the other until they meet by chance one afternoon when Drew notices Cameron sitting alone on a bench. Their conversation is brief, Cameron not being one to talk much and a bit shy. Drew, the opposite of Cameron in that respect, continues to pursue him as a friend at least, wondering if perhaps they were destined to meet for some reason. Drew cannot help but like the somewhat elusive Cameron, and hopes that Cameron’s hesitancy in accepting his invitation to a home cooked dinner at his place is merely due to Cameron’s shyness and not something else.

Excerpt:
Oh, hi. You’ll have to excuse me. I’m in the middle of my morning routine. I’m a kitten, but I suppose you could see that from my photograph on the cover of this book. Pretty, huh? My name is Gracie. That’s the name they gave me. Are you wondering who they are? They think they are my owners, but I like to think of them as my staff, my loyal and humble servants. I’m afraid I’ve become a bit of a diva since they adopted me, but I certainly cannot deny that I am truly loved. They’re still sleeping, but that’s okay. I know how to get my own breakfast. I guess I can share my morning routine with you. Come on. I’ll let you in on some of my secrets.
There they are, the human pair who adore me, my doting parents. Yes, you may think of them as my parents. They call me “baby” often enough, and they think of themselves as my daddies, so that makes them my parents. “Wee,” almost didn’t make the jump from the floor to the bed that time. Remember now, all they hear is “mew, mew”, but you will know what I’m really saying. See how they are snuggled together? They love each other a lot, but I think they love me more. Rubbing my soft fur against their faces accomplishes two things. It wakes them up in what they think is the cutest way, and the morning stubble on their faces is a great back scratcher for me. When I walk in between them like this, I get both sides of me scratched at the same time.

Now they’re waking up. I get a morning pet from both of them. Watch this. When I roll over onto my back, they rub my tummy. Oh, yes, that’s the stuff. “How’s our baby this morning? You are the prettiest kitty. Yes, you are.” That was Drew. He’s a little younger than Cameron, and much more of a morning person. He tickles my tummy, and I playfully scratch his hand. “You’re Daddy’s sweetie, aren’t you?”

Cameron is slowly waking up now, too. “Morning,” he says sleepily. They both lean over me. There it is, the kiss. Those two are always kissing each other. “I love you,” Drew tells Cameron, after a long and sexy kiss. “I love you more,” Cameron teases him back. It doesn’t matter to me which one of them wins that game. What’s more important to me is how much they love me. And, they love me a lot. They talk about their day while they play with me every morning. I’m the center of their universe. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be right in the middle of them now, would I? “Well, I guess you’ve been outside already. You look ready for your morning nap already, Gracie.” They know I’m nocturnal. Cameron and Drew are very smart. They are right, too. I will be going down for my morning nap very soon. My naps don’t last all that long yet, but I do nap often. I’m just a kitten, remember?

Read more at the Beau to Beau website, http://www.beautobeau.com. I hope you like this sweet story.

Last edited by B.K. Wright; 06-10-2010 at 03:14 PM.
B.K. Wright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gay love, gay romance, romantic comedy, short fiction, short stories