Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #16
Purple Lady
Wizard
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 LTE, Nexus 7 3g, Sony PRS-950, K3 3G, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Something strange must be going on. I've converted hundreds of ePub's to Mobi using Calibre and never once not had the page breaks come through the conversion (although I did have some added on a couple conversions).

Are you using the default settings?
I normally reformat all my epubs to be easier to read for me - 30 font, justified text, small top and side margins. I choose Nook for the reader because Boox isn't listed. I converted to mobi from the epub reformat.

I just went back and adding in the original decrypted version of the book and tried again and it still didn't work. I changed to disable font resizing, leave text justfication normal, and choose Kindle as the reader. I think everything else is default settings.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:20 PM   #17
Purple Lady
Wizard
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just uninstalled calibre on my laptop and deleted my library and everything in the appdata roaming folder and the installed the latest version to make sure I had all the defaults. I added the book and converted to mobi and when I open it on my boox it still had no page breaks.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HDX 8.9, AuraHD, Nook HD+, Kindle 2,3,T , Opus, Nexus7, iPhone5, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I just uninstalled calibre on my laptop and deleted my library and everything in the appdata roaming folder and the installed the latest version to make sure I had all the defaults. I added the book and converted to mobi and when I open it on my boox it still had no page breaks.
Have you tried the Mobi's in a desktop reader at all (Mobi Reader, Kindle for PC or Mac) to see if it's the Boox's software ignoring the breaks for some reason?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #19
Purple Lady
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Have you tried the Mobi's in a desktop reader at all (Mobi Reader, Kindle for PC or Mac) to see if it's the Boox's software ignoring the breaks for some reason?
I really should have thought of that but I have seen at least one other post that said someone got page breaks for mobi on the boox. it does look fine in K4PC.