Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
Best deal for Canadians?

Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase a PRS600 (black, if it matters) and was wondering where I should shop. I'm in Montreal and Sony charges us 50$ more on the Canadian site.

Thanks in advance.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 07:27 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
FutureShop, BestBuy and SonyStyle all have it listed for 249.99.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
yes, which is 50$ more than in the US store. The value of the Canadian dollar is pretty much on par.

So anywhere that would ship to Montreal for free or cheap from the States would also be a great option.
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
JanieB
Enthusiast
JanieB began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 600
I believe B&H Photo will ship into Canada, but they'll only ship by UPS, so once you add in shipping charges + duties + brokerage + GST/PST/HST you'll have paid the same amount (or more!) as buying it from Future Shop or Best Buy or Sony.

You may want to try checking Ebay - some sellers might be willing to ship USPS. Or if you're close enough to the border, maybe you can take a day trip. But then you'd have to stay for...what? 3 days? if you didn't want to pay duties and taxes.

I checked everywhere I could think of when I was shopping (in March), and never was able to find a cheaper source.
JanieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #5
alstein
Enthusiast
alstein began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post
Hey guys,

I'm looking to purchase a PRS600 (black, if it matters) and was wondering where I should shop. I'm in Montreal and Sony charges us 50$ more on the Canadian site.

Thanks in advance.
Up until a few days ago, I believe they were charging $349 for the PRS600. I recently purchased this model when I was in New York for $200 (at the Sony store). I thought I was saving a ton compared to buying it in Montreal. Then a few days later, I saw it advertised for 250.00 in Canada. Personally, I would pick it up in Canada, as opposed to importing it from the USA via an online purchase. Once you factor in shipping costs, the savings would not be that significant. Also, I'm not sure whether Sony Canada would honour the warranty on a USA purchased reader. But if I was in the US, I would buy it there. The 250.00 Canadian price in Quebec works out to approx $282 after taxes compare to approx $218USF in New York.
alstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert