Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 05-31-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
PRC file doesn't fully import into Calibre

I have a non DRM PRC file that Calibre doesn't appear to fully import. When I convert it to ePub, I'm only seeing about the first 20% of the book. The TOC works, and the text is good until it just suddenly stops. I'm getting less than 6 chapters out of 29. There were no error messages. Converting to RTF also produced a file that stopped at the same point.

I tried the online converters 2EPUB and ePUB BUD with essentially the same results, so I suspect there might be something wrong with the file. However, I can see the full file in Kindle4PC. I don't have any other PRC viewers.

Anyone have any idea what is going on? I'd like to get this in ePub format on my Sony PRS-600.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:55 PM   #2
MSJim
Bookworm
MSJim began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600, Nook STR
Problem identified, but not resolved. Probably a bad character in MOBI file.

I did find a couple of ways around it though. I discovered that mobi2htms.exe would convert the entire file so I could work with it.

I learned that Calibre also has a debug feature that produces a raw HTML file. The file is pretty much the same as the mobi2htms.exe output, and more convenient for me to use.

Calibre does a great job of converting the HTML file.
MSJim is offline   Reply With Quote