Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #46
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(WiFi) / FireHD; Kindle DX-G; Kobo-AuraHD,Glo,Mini; Ipad Air
I'm willing to wait, but WAIT:

What if they release an announcement saying that the announcement has been delayed announcing the update?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:09 AM   #47
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
My husband finds his AT&T phone (which is the K2i) works if he stands under a tree in our front yard. Just a thought . . .
hehehehe....I hope he doesn't need a book during a lightening storm, or is his insurance paid up? I wonder if my tinfoil hat will help improve my indoor reception. I might have to hold one leg up and to the right and the other up and forwards while balancing a stove-top Jiffy Pop on the end of my nose...yup, I bet that will work!!

My reception is just related to AT&T in our town, which, well, is not good. OTOH I like about 1200ft from a Sprint tower and used to get great speeds when I was using Millenicom mobile broadband for travel access. I forget which service they eventually moved my account to, AT&T or Verizon but outside my house I was getting near to 5mb symmetric connection speeds...it was great but indoors it was awful and the worst part was it was/is a truly uncapped service. Of course tower saturation comes into play sooo, nothing is ideal.

I am still not moving to the v2.5.x update until more folks are using it and we see what happens to the ability to liberate our content is known for sure and also the Unicode font hacks are out for v2.5.x because I really like my Helvetica font and well, I can live w/o collections for a while since I have been doing w/o so far...

Why do they gotta make it all so complicated...my brain is overloading!!
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement
Old 06-08-2010, 09:57 PM   #48
Neil
Groupie
Neil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enoughNeil will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad, Kindle 2, iPhone
I really have to remember to come to Mobileread and check stuff before I do anything. Like I removed the font hack thinking 2.5 was any day now. Sigh.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:04 AM   #49
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
Finally GOT IT YEAY!
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #50
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
I really have to remember to come to Mobileread and check stuff before I do anything. Like I removed the font hack thinking 2.5 was any day now. Sigh.
Good thinking!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #51
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 3 (Keyboard), Nexus 7 (2013)
Yeah I got it too. The process was a little annoying but I am very happy to have collections & password protection at last.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote