Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-19-2010, 10:17 PM   #1
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook Touch, iPad1, iPad2, iPod Touch 4G, Pixel Qi
Javascript support in PB302 browser ?

Hello all,

I plan to run javascript programs on an E-ink device. I think PB302 can be a good candidate. I would like to know if Javascript programs are supported in the PB302 browser. These are some examples. Does all functions work properly?

http://p4wn.sourceforge.net/sven/
http://www.motionnet.com/calculator/
http://people.iola.dk/olau/flot/exam...aph-types.html
http://people.iola.dk/olau/flot/examples/ajax.html
http://www.schrenk.com/js/5.htm
http://jstween.blogspot.com/

And I have another question. Can I download image files (JPG) from the browser and save to a microSD card?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by aruangra; 05-20-2010 at 08:07 PM.
aruangra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 AM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
I don't understand much in Javas of the world, but from what I know, it is not supported YET by PB302's mini browser.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #3
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Hi aruangra,

I checked with our technical support, they tested your sites to verify and the answer is negative: PB302 browser does not support java script.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
aruangra
Connoisseur
aruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-booksaruangra has learned how to read e-books

Thanks. Please put the Javascript support in your next update. I will grab the PB302 right away

Aruangra
Old 05-22-2010, 04:32 AM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpupsik View Post
Hi aruangra,

I checked with our technical support, they tested your sites to verify and the answer is negative: PB302 browser does not support java script.
Dis you check with the webkit browser? The Minibrowser does not support java script, webkit may.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2010, 07:09 AM   #6
aruangra
Connoisseur

mtravellerh and tvpupsik,

Is the webkit browser available now? Could you please check if the webkit browser work with the javascript? Now I only need to see this page:
http://jsdraw2d.jsfiction.com/
It uses the basic javascript library which doesn't require other plug-ins.
If the site is displayed correctly, you will grab the PB302.

Thank you so much.
Anat

Last edited by aruangra; 05-22-2010 at 07:13 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
mtravellerh and tvpupsik,

Is the webkit browser available now? Could you please check if the webkit browser work with the javascript? Now I only need to see this page:
http://jsdraw2d.jsfiction.com/
It uses the basic javascript library which doesn't require other plug-ins.
If the site is displayed correctly, you will grab the PB302.

Thank you so much.
Anat
No, doesn't work yet.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruangra View Post
Thanks. Please put the Javascript support in your next update. I will grab the PB302 right away

Aruangra
Aruangra,

Next version of the browser will have javascript support. It is planned to be released in June.

Thanks,
Tatiana
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #9
aruangra
Connoisseur

Hi Tatiana

Thanks. Keep us posted.