Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 03:17 PM   #16
DawnFalcon
Banned
DawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with othersDawnFalcon plays well with others

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Oops, sorry, that was the canned website designer rant, you accidentally pushed the "start" button.
Fair warning: If you do it again you'll get the UX designer rant against CSS.

Anyway, nice logos.
DawnFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:26 PM   #17
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Actually, that was a typo; it was supposed to be the IE6 users, who also need annoying.

Seriously, any IE6 users who might see this: if you're a Microsoft fanboi, get IE8, for the love of Gates. And if you're not a Microsoft fanboi, get anything else. But quit making me spend more work making my CSS and my graphics work with your broken, out-of-date, ill-behaved browser than I do making it work for every other browser on the market put together. It's easier maintaining compatibility for Lynx than it is for IE6!

Oops, sorry, that was the canned website designer rant, you accidentally pushed the "start" button.
Specify Google Chrome Frame in your markup. If you can't convince them to upgrade the browser... perhaps you can tell them your site needs this plug-in.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="chrome=1">

BOb

pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #18
solomon
Connoisseur
solomon began at the beginning.

Device: NookE
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
By the way, we'll have a very usable version of the logo for you later (absolutely non-BB specific) that reads more as a demand than a promise: 'OUR BOOKS DRM-FREE OUR WAY'.
Looking forward to that one as well!

I think you'll find plenty of buyers who are anti-DRM, and some <cough>of us<cough> who've only entered the eBook *buying* realm with the compromising of the major DRM systems!

Richard
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote