Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 05:24 AM   #1
B.K. Wright
Groupie
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wink He came with a Rose, by B.K. Wright

Intro:
Ethan has a wonderful life, filled with his two dogs, horses, and many other animals which have wandered onto his land over the years. He has the best friend that any man could have, a man who has become more than just a friend, if only in Ethan’s mind and in his dreams. When his friend asks him to attend a dinner with him one Saturday night, Ethan discovers much more about his good friend, who is also the veterinarian to his many animals, than he had already known. Dr. Holing has a secret which Ethan could not have imagined in even his wildest of dreams. Ethan’s Saturday night quickly becomes an adventure, an adventure which will change his life forever.

Excerpt:“How’s our little Princess?” “Not so good, Bryce. She swallowed something, but I don’t know what. I just hope it’s not something harmful.” Bryce knew how much Ethan genuinely loved his animals, especially his two Shelties, and he picked the sleepy dog up into his arms and carried her into the hospital. Ethan was right behind him, afraid for his precious Princess.

Dr. Holing laid the pretty dog on the table and looked her over. “She’ll be fine, right?” Bryce placed his hand on Ethan’s arm. “I’m sure she will be, Ethan,” he said, in his always comforting, always reassuring voice. He petted the sleepy dog and drew some blood. “We’ll get this back in just a few minutes, Ethan. Then we’ll know what to do.”

Bryce continued to pet Princess and talk to her as if she were a young child. He spoke this sweetly to all of his patients, and Ethan had never met a man with as much compassion as Dr. Holing. He watched as the kind doctor made his Princess feel better with the stroke of his hand on her soft fur.

The directions to Bryce’s home were very easy to follow, especially since Ethan knew Manhattan so well he could have found his way around the city blindfolded. Bryce lived on the northwest side of the city, almost outside the city limits of Manhattan. Ethan turned onto the street where Bryce lived and drove almost to the end, to a beautiful home on a cul-de-sac.

Ethan pulled into the drive and parked his car. He grabbed his suit jacket and walked along the flower lined sidewalk to the front door. A stone between a group of flowers read “Holing”, and Ethan was in awe of the well manicured lawn.

Bryce met him at the door. “Come in, Ethan,” he said. Ethan noticed that Bryce wasn’t dressed for a formal dinner. In fact, Ethan had never seen his friend this disheveled. “Have a seat, Ethan. I’ll get us some iced tea.”

Bryce scurried off to the kitchen, but Ethan did not sit down. He followed Bryce into the kitchen. Bryce was just standing in the kitchen, as if he had no idea what to do. Ethan slowly walked over to him and put his arm around him. “Bryce, you okay, buddy?” He looked at Ethan. “I guess I forgot what I came in here to do,” he said, and looked around frantically.

Ethan thought that he had somehow skipped a chapter in a book, or a part of a movie at this point. “You didn’t think what was possible, Bryce, sex with a woman?” “No, not that. I was surprised that she was pregnant. I didn’t know until she had the baby three months ago.” He looked at Ethan whose eyebrows went up at this news. Wow, I definitely was not expecting this, he said to himself. “I guess my ex thinks it will be better if she starts new with her new husband.”

Ethan couldn’t hide the shock in his eyes. Bryce surely wasn’t saying what Ethan thought he was saying. “You don’t mean?” “Yes, I do mean, Ethan. She does not want the baby.” Ethan was silent for a moment, thinking all this through. Was he sure the baby was his? He sure hoped that Bryce knew for sure. “I guess I don’t know what to say, Bryce. Tell me the rest of the story.” “I haven’t seen her yet, Ethan. She’s three months old now, and I had planned to see her when and if Mary, my ex, was going to let me.”

Ethan had decided to just come out with it. “Bryce, what is your ex planning to do with your daughter?” Bryce just looked at Ethan. My daughter, he thought. I have a daughter. “She said if I don’t want her, then she will put her up for adoption. She doesn’t want her to be a part of her new life in Scotland.”

http://www.beautobeau.com
Available at 1Romance ebooks, Amazon, All Romance ebooks
B.K. Wright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babies, family life, gay family, gay fathers, gay fiction