|05-11-2010, 10:32 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2010
nook can't sync - "Unable to complete operation"
I apologize for the length and the fact that I'm discussing both the B&N nook and B&N PC eReader software...but I believe my issues are related.
On Friday May 7th, I attempted to update the library in my PC eReader software with my latest purchases...it had been a while as I don't usually read eBook on my PC...
Anyway, none of my new books appeared...I tried re-entering email & CC info on the web site along with signing out and back in. My eBooks moved from My Library to My Stuff..
Since I was I few versions behind, I tried uninstalling the old eReader and installing the newer version (2.1 something) While I could get signed in with no problem, after syncing My Library I had no books appear.
So I though I'd look at my newest purchase on my nook running v1.3....only problem, when I did a "check for new B&N content" I'd get an error message saying "Unable to complete the operation".
Calling tech support and they said it was a server issue and that I'd be notified when it was fixed.
Hadn't heard from anyone Monday, so while visiting my local B&N to see in being on the in store Wi-Fi network made a difference (it didn't) I called them again. Tech said they were still haveing server issues. He mentioned trying to do a manual factory reset to which woudl wipe it clean back to v1.1.1. I didn't want to do it right then, but I did it myself later Monday evening.
Which resett my nook to v1.1.1 at which point it downloaded v1.2. After checking for new B&N content...my library had all my books!
As I think about it, I don't believe I'd tried to retrieve new content from B&N since I updated my nook to v1.3.
Tonight I tried updating my PC eReader software to the very latest 22.214.171.12427, but I still see no book in My library and no error messages during the sync.
Unfortunately, my new replacement nook (my original has a cracked button) arrived today pre-loaded with v1.3 and when I try to sync I get the same "Operation cannot be completed" message I was getting when my original nook was running v1.3. I wonder if the "factory reset" would go back to anything prior to v1.3???
So in summary
PC eReader v126.96.36.19927 -- no books shown in My Library
nook v1.3 -- no books shown in My Library
nook v1.2 -- books appear in My Library
Blackberry eReader v1.0.7 -- books appear in My Library
According to the customer service rep I talked to today...he's escalating my issue to the developers and I should be getting an email from one of them.
Is anybody else having similar issues?
|05-13-2010, 10:39 PM||#2|
Join Date: May 2010
Came home from work today and picked up my nook, the replacement one running v1.3, and my B&N library was showing up!
Interesting that I didn't even have to "Check for new B&N content"...
As a test, I went ahead and did the "Check for new B&N content" and it completed without the error message I had been seeing.
Additionally, when I did the sync in my PC eReader software my B&N library showed up there also.
Color me a happy camper!
|05-13-2010, 11:01 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Spokane, WA
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|"Unable to complete the operation because the destination can no longer be accessed"||wayamauro||Sony Reader||1||10-12-2009 09:34 PM|
|Wispernet 5 Bars: "Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time"||Richie||Amazon Kindle||4||04-14-2009 03:11 PM|
|"Unable to detect PRS505 disk drive" in Linux||sarchar||Sony Reader||5||01-25-2009 03:52 PM|
|Cybook "general operation" questions||captaingeorges||Bookeen||25||02-29-2008 07:09 AM|
|Cable TV Displays "Illegal Operation" Error Message||Bob Russell||Lounge||0||04-19-2005 10:06 AM|