Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
B.K. Wright
Groupie
B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.B.K. Wright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Wink and then, he Kissed Me, by S. Wales, Beau to Beau books

A Beau to Beau young adult/youth book

~S. Wales~
Copyright 2010: S. Wales
Beau to Beau Books of Male Love
All rights reserved

Cover Design by Dvorak Designs at
www.dvorakdesigns.com

Intro:
Returning from six months of living with his mom and her new husband in Atlanta, Georgia, Russell can’t wait to see the two new puppies on his dad’s farm in Kansas. Russell finds much more than two new puppies on the farm, however. Pierce is a veterinary science student at Kansas State University and his dad’s best farm hand, and Russell immediately falls in love with the much more mature man. Russell thinks he will just die if he can’t have Pierce for himself, but has a hard time overcoming his youthful ways. Pierce likes Russell, but thinks of him as nothing more than a kid and, of course, the cherished son of his boss. Pierce needs his job, and has a hard time obeying the invisible “Hands Off the Boss’ Son” sign that he has carefully painted in his own mind.

About the unicorn:
The unicorn is the only fabulous beast that does not seem to have been conceived out of human fears. In even the earliest references he is fierce yet good, selfless yet solitary, but always mysteriously beautiful. He could be captured only by unfair means, and his single horn was said to neutralize poison. The young gay male, like the unicorn, is fierce yet good, selfless yet solitary, always mysteriously beautiful, and can be captured only by unfair means.

EXCERPT:
They pulled into the drive around sunset, and Russell hurried inside to see the puppies. “Oh, hi,” he said, when he saw the young man holding one of the puppies. “Oh, hey, are you Russell? I’m Pierce.” Russell looked at Pierce. He was gorgeous. He looked like a real cowboy, with just a little bit of the city in him. His hair was light, his skin slightly tanned from being out in the sun. He had kind eyes, and an even kinder smile. “Russell?” “Oh, I’m sorry. Did you say something?” “I asked if you wanted to hold him,” Pierce said. “Oh, sure.” Russell took the puppy from Pierce. He was asleep, and he curled up in Russell’s arms and continued to sleep. “His sister is over here.” Pierce motioned for Russell to come over and see her. Pierce petted the sleeping dog. “Isn’t she perfect?” Russell just smiled. “Your dad bought this soft bed for them and some toys. They like it here.”

The sound of voices outside his window woke him the next morning. “Man, I’m tired. I must have slept like a rock.” Russell looked out the window and saw Pierce talking with his dad. His window was open, so he could hear everything they were saying. They were talking about the livestock and about the summer activities on the farm. Russell knew he was being paranoid, but after hearing his mom and stepdad talk about him behind his back, he had good reason to be. He hated that man, but was mostly hurt by his mom’s action, or inaction, rather.

Russell watched as Pierce and his dad talked. The sunlight shone on Pierce’s face like a spotlight. He looked better in the daylight than he had last night. The flannel shirt worn thin and the faded jeans outlined Pierce’s body perfectly and through them, Russell could see the muscles that good old fashioned work on the farm had developed. Pierce didn’t have the muscles of a body builder. Pierce had just the right amount of muscle.

Man, it felt good to be in his jeep again on his way into Manhattan. Even when they had lived in the city, they lived on the edge of it and Russell had never felt crowded here. He pulled into the parking lot of Kansas State University’s well respected College of Veterinary Medicine and parked his jeep beside Pierce’s car. He wondered if Pierce had a girlfriend. He wondered a lot of things about Pierce.

Russell opened the door at the back entrance to the veterinary school, and slowly walked inside. Pierce was waiting for him. “Come on in, Russell. Let me show you around.” Pierce had changed his clothes since Russell had last seen him and he also smelled very good. “I probably don’t have to tell you all that much about the school. You know that animals are brought here for the more in-depth procedures. You know how much the students love animals. This is where your two puppies came from.” “It is?” “Sure is. Their mother died in childbirth and those two little guys were orphaned. But we always have plenty of animal lovers around here to bottle feed.” Pierce winked at Russell as he said this, and Russell melted. How could anyone be so sweet and so cute at the same time?

After Pierce had shown Russell a little more, he said, “Well, what do you feel like eating?” “I don’t know,” Russell said, mesmerized by the brilliance of Pierce’s eyes. “There’s a new place out west that opened up just a couple of weeks ago. Let’s try that.” Pierce opened the door for Russell, and they walked to his car. Russell started for his jeep when Pierce said, “Let’s take my car. No need taking two.”

Russell sat on the seat of Pierce’s car, afraid to move. He could smell Pierce’s cologne, and he wanted to touch him. Then he realized that Pierce had said something. “I’m sorry. What?” “I just asked if you were going back to the University of Georgia in the fall.” “Oh, no, I’m going to K-State, right here.” Pierce seemed excited about that. “That’s great, Russell. You staying with your dad?” Russell nodded.

Russell was quiet while they ate, but Pierce didn’t seem to mind. Russell was still in awe of Pierce. He wished he could be as sure of himself as Pierce seemed to be.

It was dark by the time they got back to Russell’s jeep. Pierce leaned over Russell to get something from the backseat and Russell mistakenly thought that he was leaning in to kiss him, so he moved closer to Pierce, and Pierce’s lips couldn’t help but slide across Russell’s. When Russell realized what Pierce was actually trying to do, he was so embarrassed he immediately went for the door handle. Pierce quickly scooted over beside him and stopped him from opening the car door by placing his hand around Russell’s hand. “I have to go,” Russell said, trying to get away. Pierce put his arm around Russell. “Don’t go, Russell.” Russell was perfectly still. He didn’t know what to do.

Pierce liked Russell a lot and did want to kiss him, but had doubts about a relationship because of their age difference, and Pierce was ready for a relationship. He had done the casual thing, but Russell was so very young.

http://www.beautobeau.com
B.K. Wright is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gay love, gay romance, gay young adult fiction, young adult, young love